    for this program and how to completely remove it.

    Many thanks

    Stuart
    KarateKid, Jul 28, 2003

  2. KarateKid

    Mellowed Guest

    I have removed deleted programs in the Registry by going into REGEDIT, using
    the FIND option and searching for the program. I guess in your case the
    program search item would be 'tweak xp'. After it finds a line item, just
    delete it. Then push F3 for the next item until you complete the whole
    registry.

    Be sure to BACK UP the registry first!! I've never had a problem, but, you
    never know.

    "KarateKid" <> wrote in message
    : I have tried to remove the program Tweak Xp but dont think its totally
    gone
    : because I'm still getting Action cancelled messages where pop ups and ads
    : would usulally appear. The reason I think this is that if I reinstall the
    : program instead of Action cancelled I get "blocked by tweak xp"
    :
    : Could somebody guide me on how to see if anything lingers in the registry
    Mellowed, Jul 28, 2003

  3. KarateKid

    °Mike° Guest

    Clean up your registry with JV16 Power Tools
    http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/files/jv16pt_setup.zip

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:56:16 +0100, in
    <bg3rkt$83m$>
    KarateKid scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jul 28, 2003
  4. KarateKid

    KahKeeNang Guest

    Mellowed wrote:
    > I have removed deleted programs in the Registry by going into
    > REGEDIT, using the FIND option and searching for the program. I
    > guess in your case the program search item would be 'tweak xp'.
    > After it finds a line item, just delete it. Then push F3 for the
    > next item until you complete the whole registry.
    >
    > Be sure to BACK UP the registry first!! I've never had a problem,
    > but, you never know.
    >

    > "KarateKid" <> wrote in message
    >> I have tried to remove the program Tweak Xp but dont think its
    >> totally gone because I'm still getting Action cancelled messages
    >> where pop ups and ads would usulally appear. The reason I think this
    >> is that if I reinstall the program instead of Action cancelled I get
    >> "blocked by tweak xp"
    >>
    >> Could somebody guide me on how to see if anything lingers in the
    >> registry for this program and how to completely remove it.
    >>
    >> Many thanks
    >>
    >> Stuart

    This is something that puzzles me, since deleted or removed registry if
    using WinXP, will using system restoring changes back these registry too?
    KahKeeNang, Jul 29, 2003