    Is there any way to do this?

    I want to completely remove it.
    , Nov 3, 2010

  2. Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 03/11/2010 10:40, wrote:
    > Is there any way to do this?
    >
    > I want to completely remove it.

    Why?
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 3, 2010

  3. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    Subject: Completely removing IE and Media Player

    > Is there any way to do this?

    -1- You neglected to put the essential elements of your question down
    in the message body where they belong.
    -2- You neglected to mention the version of your MS OS
    -3- You neglected to give yourself a handle when you registered for
    googlegroups
    -4- It appears that you are using IE7 in XP, which XP came with IE6
    integrated with the OS and which MS said could not be removed
    -5- MS provides instructions for removing your IE7 which restores IE6
    -6- Some 3rd party techniques for removing IE6 are 'dangerous' for
    your OS, while others 'disable' IE but don't remove it.

    > I want to completely remove it.

    At your level of experience, it would be better if you didn't.

    MS's instructions for removing IE7
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927177 When you uninstall Windows
    Internet Explorer 7, Internet Explorer 6 is automatically restored on
    your computer.

    Google's place for configuring a handle: login, click My Account, click
    Edit email address, complete Nickname in personal information, Save

    Starting a new message thread with a question: Don't start the message
    in the subject but instead first use complete sentences to form an
    unambiguous premise and your question in the body, then make a very
    brief subject title.

    --
    Mike Easter
    24hshd only
    Mike Easter, Nov 3, 2010
  4. Guest

    Security reasons...
    , Nov 3, 2010
  5. joevan Guest

    On Wed, 3 Nov 2010 07:15:09 -0700 (PDT), ""
    <> wrote:

    >Security reasons...

    What?
    joevan, Nov 3, 2010
  6. Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Security reasons...

    Use a more secure browser as your default browser. Only use IE7 for MS's
    updates. Don't use your browser recklessly.

    Alternatively, install a more secure OS. Your present hardware will linux.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Nov 3, 2010
  7. Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 03/11/2010 14:15, wrote:
    > Security reasons...

    Riiiiiiight.......
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 3, 2010

  8. <>
    via teh googlegroups:

    > Security reasons...

    (SIC)

    There's got to be an oxymoron in there somewheres...

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and this free speech message
    was transmitted through the Draconian censorship blockades!

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20015629-71.html

    Bucky Breeder, Nov 3, 2010
  9. Hot-Text Guest

    Reformat Windows and install Linux is the only Way to completely remove IE
    and Media Player!

    Hot-Text, Nov 4, 2010
  10. Guest

    On Nov 3, 4:42 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    > On 03/11/2010 14:15, wrote:> Security reasons....
    >
    > Riiiiiiight.......

    Does it really matter what the reason is? Obviously, I'm not going to
    go into exact details of who, whys etc because its not relevant.

    Lets just say I've got to deliver a laptop which does not have IE or
    MEDIA PLAYER installed on it.
    , Nov 4, 2010

  11. <>
    via teh googlegroups:

    > On Nov 3, 4:42 pm, Desk Rabbit <> wrote:
    >> On 03/11/2010 14:15, wrote:> Security

    reasons..
    > .
    >>
    >> Riiiiiiight.......

    > Does it really matter what the reason is? Obviously, I'm not going to
    > go into exact details of who, whys etc because its not relevant.
    >
    > Lets just say I've got to deliver a laptop which does not have IE or
    > MEDIA PLAYER installed on it.

    Just right-click and delete your "Windows" and "Program Files"
    folders... it's just bloatware anyways; and what's left is
    Bill Gates' spyware conspiracy to make *ALL* the money.
    Bill Gates is like Hitler, only without the moustache, a
    better-looking wife, no real political affiliations, and
    camoflauging himself by supporting all those global charities...

    But, he's *NOT* fooling *ANYONE* with his despicable IE and
    MEDIA PLAYER stategy... Why should *WE* buy the goldarned
    stuff and *HE* gets *ALL* the income tax exemptions?

    Oh, the Devil is a wiley ole Devil; yes he is; and he *IS*
    Bill Gates; and IE and MEDIA PLAYER is like his demons of
    mayhem and devious control; working on your life a little
    at a time until... until... finally... yep, there it is and
    *YOU* or *WE* can't do a goldarned thang about it anymore!
    "Resistance is futile"? Well, I think *NOT*, or at least
    *MAYBE NOT*... well, at the very least *NOT IF THERE'S
    ANY OTHER OPTIONS, AND I CAN FIGGER THEM OUT, I'M NOT."

    HTH.

    --

    I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^;
    and on the 'AWESOMENESS METER',

    You should not view the world in terms
    and finding acceptance of them as such.

    I could help you with that... but...
    I really just don't like you that much.

    Repent! The end is near.... Or, smoke 'em if you got 'em.
    Bucky Breeder, Nov 4, 2010
  12. Tim Meddick Guest

    Like I said before...if you "cut off the head", so to speak, in removing
    the folders :

    "Internet Explorer"
    "Windows Media Player"

    ...from within the "c:\Program Files" folder, you will be deleting the
    actual program files :

    "iexplorer.exe"
    "wmplayer.exe"

    ...without which, effectively, "Internet Explorer" and "Windows Media
    Player" cannot start at all.

    Even if allot of their application extensions (.dll files) do remain in
    your system32 folder, but as I also said, they have to remain as their
    functionality is shared by most of the Windows shell....

    *NB You may have to turn off Windows File Protection (WFP), to be able to
    delete these files, should you wish to do so.

    ==

    Cheers, Tim Meddick, Peckham, London. :)

    Tim Meddick, Nov 4, 2010
  13. On Thu, 4 Nov 2010 14:42:32 -0000, "Tim Meddick" <>
    wrote:

    >Like I said before...if you "cut off the head", so to speak, in removing
    >the folders :
    >
    >"Internet Explorer"
    >"Windows Media Player"
    >
    >..from within the "c:\Program Files" folder, you will be deleting the
    >actual program files :
    >
    >"iexplorer.exe"
    >"wmplayer.exe"
    >
    >..without which, effectively, "Internet Explorer" and "Windows Media
    >Player" cannot start at all.
    >
    >Even if allot of their application extensions (.dll files) do remain in
    >your system32 folder, but as I also said, they have to remain as their
    >functionality is shared by most of the Windows shell....
    >
    >*NB You may have to turn off Windows File Protection (WFP), to be able to
    >delete these files, should you wish to do so.

    Why remove it ... I have those applications still present on my disk,
    but i never use it ....(or when IE is the only Webbrowser able to
    access a site)
    Raymond Schmit, Nov 4, 2010
  14. Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 04/11/2010 14:21, wrote:
    > On Nov 3, 4:42 pm, Desk Rabbit<> wrote:
    >> On 03/11/2010 14:15, wrote:> Security reasons...
    >>
    >> Riiiiiiight.......

    > Does it really matter what the reason is? Obviously, I'm not going to
    > go into exact details of who, whys etc because its not relevant.
    >
    > Lets just say I've got to deliver a laptop which does not have IE or
    > MEDIA PLAYER installed on it.

    Ah! Commercial support required? Call Microsoft. Pass charge on to
    client. Job done.
    Desk Rabbit, Nov 4, 2010
  15. Guest

    On Nov 4, 2:42 pm, "Tim Meddick" <> wrote:
    > Like I said before...if you "cut off the head", so to speak, in removing
    > the folders :
    >
    > "Internet Explorer"
    > "Windows Media Player"
    >
    > ..from within the "c:\Program Files" folder, you will be deleting the
    > actual program files :
    >
    > "iexplorer.exe"
    > "wmplayer.exe"
    >
    > ..without which, effectively, "Internet Explorer" and "Windows Media
    > Player" cannot start at all.
    >
    > Even if allot of their application extensions (.dll files) do remain in
    > your system32 folder, but as I also said, they have to remain as their
    > functionality is shared by most of the Windows shell....
    >
    > *NB You may have to turn off Windows File Protection (WFP), to be able to
    > delete these files, should you wish to do so.

    Yep. You do need to turn off WFP or they just reappear.
    , Nov 5, 2010
  16. Cheng Heng Guest

    Either make it a hanging offense or simply ignore us!!

    hth

    Cheng Heng, Nov 6, 2010
  17. Tim Meddick Guest

    I agree with you, however, Mr "" keeps insisting
    that the system must NOT have these programs present on it.... so I'm just
    trying to be accommodating by telling how the application files of the
    programs he cites *can* be deleted....

    But, I have stressed that this is far from actually uninstalling the said
    apps....

    ==

    Tim Meddick, Nov 7, 2010
  18. sittingduck Guest

    wrote:

    > Is there any way to do this?
    > I want to completely remove it.

    If you don't mind re-installing windows, you could use nLite to remove them
    completely. It's pretty slick, and lets you configure a good part of the
    install process and what actually gets installed.

    --
    Rationality belongs to the cool observer, but because of the stupidity of the
    average man, he follows not reason but faith - Reinhold Niebuhr
    sittingduck, Nov 7, 2010
  19. On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 16:26:49 -0600, Bill in Co wrote:

    > Anthony Buckland wrote:
    >> "Raymond Schmit" <> wrote in message
    >>> Why remove it ... I have those applications still present on my disk,
    >>> but i never use it ....(or when IE is the only Webbrowser able to
    >>> access a site)

    >> Maybe you missed the OP's explanation. He has to deliver a machine on
    >> which it's _impossible_ to use it.

    > How so??? No concrete and substantive reasons were ever given.

    The OP said (in one of the many replies) it was one of his client's
    requirements. No other reason--concrete, substantive or otherwise--need
    be given: it's what the client wants.

    Stef
    Stefan Patric, Nov 7, 2010
  20. On Sun, 7 Nov 2010 03:36:56 +0000 (UTC), Stefan Patric
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 06 Nov 2010 16:26:49 -0600, Bill in Co wrote:
    >
    >> Anthony Buckland wrote:
    >>> "Raymond Schmit" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Maybe you missed the OP's explanation. He has to deliver a machine on
    >>> which it's _impossible_ to use it.

    >> How so??? No concrete and substantive reasons were ever given.

    >The OP said (in one of the many replies) it was one of his client's
    >requirements. No other reason--concrete, substantive or otherwise--need
    >be given: it's what the client wants.

    And if the client want Windows7 but not from Microsoft ... what should
    we do ? :)
    Raymond Schmit, Nov 7, 2010