Complete Restoration????

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Curtis Carpenter, Dec 27, 2003.

  1. Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a complete hard drive restoration?

    --

    Curtis Carpenter, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Curtis Carpenter

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Curtis Carpenter said:

    > Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a complete hard
    > drive restoration?

    No.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Curtis Carpenter

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Curtis Carpenter posted ...

    > Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a complete
    > hard drive restoration?

    Yes.

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Curtis Carpenter

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 12:11:30 -0600, Curtis Carpenter wrote:

    >Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a complete hard drive restoration?

    This is a plain-text only newsgroup. Please adjust your settings accordingly.
    Thanks.

    Here is what your post looks like those clients do not render HTML:

    <HTML><HEAD>
    <STYLE></STYLE>
    </HEAD>
    <BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Did you just restore days previous to crash or did
    you do a complete hard drive restoration?</FONT></DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>
    <DIV><BR>-- <BR></DIV>
    <DIV><A
    href="http://[link-snipped]/%7Ecurtcarp/index.shtml"></A></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

    "HTML belongs on websites, not on usenet - or in e-mail, for that matter."

    --
    There are three types of people in this world - those who see the light,
    those who don't, and those who get a brief glance of it just as I slam

    Mara, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Curtis Carpenter

    Mara Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:17:12 -0000, Paul - xxx wrote:

    >Curtis Carpenter posted ...
    >
    >> Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a complete
    >> hard drive restoration?

    >Yes.

    Would you like to do the honors in explaining to Curtis about how to properly
    reply, quote, and attribute in a newsgroup thread?

    "I already explained the HTML thing."

    Mara, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Curtis Carpenter

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Mara posted ...

    > On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:17:12 -0000, Paul - xxx wrote:
    >
    >> Curtis Carpenter posted ...
    >>
    >>> Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a complete
    >>> hard drive restoration?

    >> Yes.

    > Would you like to do the honors in explaining to Curtis about how to
    > properly reply, quote, and attribute in a newsgroup thread?

    No.

    > "I already explained the HTML thing."

    ;) OK then .. I guess if I'm persuaded nicely ...

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

    ;)

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Curtis Carpenter

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Paul - xxx posted ...

    > Mara posted ...

    >> Would you like to do the honors in explaining to Curtis about how to
    >> properly reply, quote, and attribute in a newsgroup thread?

    > No.
    >
    >> "I already explained the HTML thing."

    > ;) OK then .. I guess if I'm persuaded nicely ...
    >
    > http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

    LOL, just remembered what I _used_ to post when I felt like being helpful to
    newbies .. ;)

    From me ...

    "OK, you’ve asked for help, but to actually get any help you will need to
    provide a little more information as it’s my experience that very few people
    are ‘truly’ psychic. Think along the following lines. (Thanks Golem, good
    list, damn shame golem doesn’t use the newsgroups as much...;-(

    What help do you require?
    What Operating System and version are you using?
    What program causes this error?

    What is the EXACT wording of the error ?
    When does it cause it?
    What are you trying to do when this happens?
    What else is running in the background?
    What changes have you made to your system right before this started?
    Did you Add/Remove any Software?
    Did you Add/Remove any Hardware?
    Did you make any new Tweaks?
    Did you apply any new patch?
    Do you get other error messages?

    Get the picture ?

    Have a look at these sites for further advice on posting and on Usenet.

    http://www.dickalba.demon.co.uk/usenet/guide/index.html

    http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Generally, post in English if you can, using good pronunciation and a
    speelchukker.;-) Don't worry if you can't this is an international
    newsgroup.

    You could also try Start - Windows update to get the latest Critical
    updates, particularly those pertaining to IE and OE security...;-) (Regards
    to GGT)

    If you don't have a virus checker, http://www.antivirus.ca.com/
    If you don't have a firewall, http://www.zonealarm.com/

    Hope the above helps, most of all, enjoy Usenet...;-)"

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Curtis Carpenter

    ICee Guest

    Curtis Carpenter wrote:
    > Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a complete
    > hard drive restoration?

    Maybe.

    ICee, Dec 27, 2003
  9. Curtis Carpenter

    Boomer Guest

    "Curtis Carpenter" <> wrote in

    > Did you just restore days previous to crash or did you do a
    > complete hard drive restoration?

    Huh?

    BTW... turn off the HTML!

    Boomer, Dec 27, 2003