    the decor at our place.

    Any suggestions are much appreciated,
    Mike

    msowka, Mar 23, 2006

  2. msowka

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    "msowka" <> wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I took a nice picture while vacationing recetly and would like to put
    > it up on the wall: 1) touch it up 2) print it 3) frame it. Any
    > suggestions on how I should do this? For example, I suppose I should
    > crop it etc & possibly add a frame (image frame)? *** Where should I
    > get it printed? I can only imagine that printing a "large" format of it
    > from at my grocery store can't be compared to a pro printing shop (what
    > about the cost too...). Frame... I guess't that's really up to me and
    > the decor at our place.

    Cropping is very easy and should be done with care. Frames are easy
    using a brush in Photoshop. Printing - if a friend has an A3 printer,
    this is probably the cheapest method, if not then try your local D&P
    shops. There are plenty of online printers and their quality varies
    enormously. Cheap photo frames can be bought from Walmart, Staples,
    Jessops or equivalent.

    Stewy, Mar 24, 2006

  3. msowka

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Stewy wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "msowka" <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hello,
    >>
    >>I took a nice picture while vacationing recetly and would like to put
    >>it up on the wall: 1) touch it up 2) print it 3) frame it. Any
    >>suggestions on how I should do this? For example, I suppose I should
    >>crop it etc & possibly add a frame (image frame)? *** Where should I
    >>get it printed? I can only imagine that printing a "large" format of it
    >>from at my grocery store can't be compared to a pro printing shop (what
    >>about the cost too...). Frame... I guess't that's really up to me and
    >>the decor at our place.
    >>

    > Cropping is very easy and should be done with care. Frames are easy
    > using a brush in Photoshop. Printing - if a friend has an A3 printer,
    > this is probably the cheapest method, if not then try your local D&P
    > shops. There are plenty of online printers and their quality varies
    > enormously. Cheap photo frames can be bought from Walmart, Staples,
    > Jessops or equivalent.

    In addition to online, there are chains that specialize in both pro and
    consumer printing. Is there a Ritz or Pro-ex in your area? Both offer
    large pritns.

    Don Stauffer, Mar 24, 2006
  4. msowka

    phk Guest

    Assuming it's digital, your provided software should allow you to crop
    it if needed. However, that does produce a smaller picture and clarity
    may suffer.

    Clubphoto.com is a great online printing site - quick service,
    reasonable price, and you can print just about any size you want.

    Maximum size is determined by pixel count, but I've gotten good results
    up to 18x20 with 4 mp.

    If you want a really nice print, have it professionally matted and
    framed, but it'll cost you $75-100.

    phk, Mar 24, 2006
  5. msowka

    Guy Smiley Guest

    Hey Mike,

    It's hard to answer the question without knowing what the subject of the
    picture is and how many megapixels you have on your camera.

    I have found that the place you have the image printed is not as important
    as the quality of the original digital image. There are several online
    services where you can upload your photo and then they will send you back
    prints. Walmart does an 8x10 for a $1.96 or you can go to 18x24 from
    webshots for $19.95. If that's not enough you can get a 20x30 from
    shutterfly for $22.99. Want bigger? You can get a 24X36 for $32.95 from
    eposter.com. The largest I have seen is 40x72 - that about 3 1/2 feet by
    6 feet.

    As for cropping and editing there are a lot of good software choices out
    there. You probably got some sort of rudimentary, user friendly photo
    editor with your camera. If that's not enough I would recommend either
    ulead's PhotoImact or Adobe photoshop elements. Both are excellent
    packages with tons of professional features. If that's too expensive then
    look at Serif's PhotoPlus.

    Also, the picture will usually print off a little darker than it appeared
    on your monitor. Keep that in mind when you're touching it up.

    Good luck

    Sam

    Guy Smiley, Mar 25, 2006
  6. msowka