    \ICQ# 13901251 !!bye!!/

    "What we're seeing with Web sites that are viewable only with IE is the
    privatization of the Web." (Mitchell Baker)
    mrzac, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Leonidas Jones, Dec 23, 2003

  3. mrzac

    mrzac Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#11
    > How can I deactivate newsgroup abbreviations?
    > To have the the full name displayed add the following line to user.js:
    > user_pref("mail.server.default.abbreviate",false);
    > To specify a server:
    > user_pref("mail.server.serverX.abbreviate",false);
    > where X is the server number.

    I have not the "user.js" file on my hard disk (whith the 1.4 vers of
    Mozilla I did this tip&trik succesfully) I remember you that I'm using
    Mozilla 1.5. Must I create it somewhere?

    > Lee

    thanks in advance, rz

    --
    /TIDIRYUM - Ferrara - ITALY\
    \ICQ# 13901251 !!bye!!/

    ° ° associato #2 alla LAVPS2 ° °
    Matrix - Messiah - Lisa INSTALLER
    mrzac, Dec 26, 2003
  4. On 26.12.2003 17:38 mrzac wrote:
    > I have not the "user.js" file on my hard disk (whith the 1.4 vers of
    > Mozilla I did this tip&trik succesfully) I remember you that I'm using
    > Mozilla 1.5. Must I create it somewhere?
    >
    > thanks in advance, rz

    Yes, create it in the same directory as your prefs.js is, your
    profile-directory.

    Alternat you can use about:config and enter it directory in the prefs.js.
    Michael Opitz, Dec 26, 2003
  5. On 26.12.2003 17:38 mrzac wrote:
    > I have not the "user.js" file on my hard disk (whith the 1.4 vers of
    > Mozilla I did this tip&trik succesfully) I remember you that I'm using
    > Mozilla 1.5. Must I create it somewhere?
    >
    > thanks in advance, rz

    Yes, create it in the same directory as your prefs.js is, your
    profile-directory.

    Alternat you can use about:config and enter it direct in the prefs.js.
    Michael Opitz, Dec 26, 2003
  6. mrzac wrote:

    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.holgermetzger.de/efaqmailnews.html#11
    >> How can I deactivate newsgroup abbreviations?
    >> To have the the full name displayed add the following line to user.js:
    >> user_pref("mail.server.default.abbreviate",false); To specify a
    >> server: user_pref("mail.server.serverX.abbreviate",false); where X is
    >> the server number.
    >>

    > I have not the "user.js" file on my hard disk (whith the 1.4 vers of
    > Mozilla I did this tip&trik succesfully) I remember you that I'm using
    > Mozilla 1.5. Must I create it somewhere?
    >
    >> Lee
    >>

    > thanks in advance, rz

    user.js is a user created file. Any text editior, such as Notepad, can
    create this file.

    Michael's suggestion of using about:config will also work.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Dec 27, 2003