compitition for telecom?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Nov 7, 2004.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3607194

    Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated service
    within nine months.

    Unquote.

    How about Nine Days.

    Reading the article was so much Daja vue. Parts of this country are
    broken. It long past the time they should have been fixed.

    How about, look Telecom, untuil you provide the same to others as you are
    offering, all, as in all of your profits will be given to charity.

    Gordon, Nov 7, 2004

  2. Gordon

    -[Myth]- Guest

    1. Advertising

  3. Gordon

    joe_90 Guest

    joe_90, Nov 7, 2004
  4. Gordon

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:20:17 +1300, Gordon <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3607194

    >Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated service
    >within nine months.
    >
    >Unquote.
    >
    >How about Nine Days.
    >
    >Reading the article was so much Daja vue. Parts of this country are
    >broken. It long past the time they should have been fixed.
    >
    >How about, look Telecom, untuil you provide the same to others as you are
    >offering, all, as in all of your profits will be given to charity.

    If they could gain a toehold in New Zealand and if they could get
    competition going Telstra-Clear are big enough to squash Telecom flat.

    I wouldn't cheer for any gain the Telstra-Clear might make in NZ.

    Does this sound familiar?

    http://www.aapt.com.au/news/content.asp?n=265

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Nov 7, 2004
  5. In article <9d4d31e424h0$> in nz.comp on
    Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]-
    <> says...
    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3607194

    What a joke

    "Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated
    service within nine months."

    So it will take the commerce commission nine months to come up with a
    regulated service, typical bureacrats. If it took Telecom that long to do
    anything they'd be out of business.

    Anyone think the commerce commission is made up of ex-Post Office
    employees and the Minister of Telecommunications thinks he's still
    running it?

    Patrick Dunford, Nov 7, 2004
  6. Gordon

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 21:29:05 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    > On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:20:17 +1300, Gordon <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 07 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=3607194

    >>Forsyth hopes the commission's procedure will produce a regulated service
    >>within nine months.
    >>
    >>Unquote.
    >>
    >>How about Nine Days.
    >>
    >>Reading the article was so much Daja vue. Parts of this country are
    >>broken. It long past the time they should have been fixed.
    >>
    >>How about, look Telecom, untuil you provide the same to others as you are
    >>offering, all, as in all of your profits will be given to charity.
    >>

    > If they could gain a toehold in New Zealand and if they could get
    > competition going Telstra-Clear are big enough to squash Telecom flat.
    >
    > I wouldn't cheer for any gain the Telstra-Clear might make in NZ.
    >
    > Does this sound familiar?
    >
    > http://www.aapt.com.au/news/content.asp?n=265
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Well at least they are big enough to get something done about telecom, this
    way all ISPs benefit, not just Telstra.

    -[Myth]-, Nov 7, 2004
  7. Gordon

    AD. Guest

    On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 10:46:59 +1300, -[Myth]- wrote:

    > Well at least they are big enough to get something done about telecom,
    > this way all ISPs benefit, not just Telstra.

    Telstra wants a cozy duopoly rather than lots of competition. Once that
    happens it will get even harder to get the Commerce Commission to do
    anything.

    AD., Nov 8, 2004
  8. Gordon

    ufo Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message
    > In article <9d4d31e424h0$> in nz.comp on
    > Sun, 7 Nov 2004 19:57:31 +1300, -[Myth]-

    > So it will take the commerce commission nine months to come up with a
    > regulated service, typical bureacrats. If it took Telecom that long to do
    > anything they'd be out of business.

    Not so - it's often in their interests to delay many implementations or roll
    out new services.
    How long have telcos been waiting for real number portablity? (YEARS!!)

    ufo, Nov 8, 2004
  9. ufo wrote:
    > How long have telcos been waiting for real number portablity? (YEARS!!)

    next the comcomm will be saying that we should have email address
    portibility.
    I'd like to see the suggestions for that one.
    I can think of a few, but none pretty, and all horribly inefficient.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 9, 2004