Compile Error

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WeeWilly, Sep 14, 2006.

  1. WeeWilly

    WeeWilly Guest

    I just received help for a similar problem under my topic "Dell vs
    MS...aarrgghh HELP"

    This new problem is probably the same but I can't seem to resolve it.

    When I open Excel, I get these two errors:
    Compile Error in Hidden Module AutoExecNew
    and
    Compile Error in Hidden Module DistMon

    When I go to the link you all provided in the above problem..
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307410/

    It tells me, as I read it, to
    To view the details of the error signature, click the link To see what data
    this error report contains, click here in the error dialog box. The
    following error signature appears where App.exe is the executable file name
    of the program where this error occurred. For example, App.exe may appear as
    "Winword.exe":

    I don't know what to click on.. I don't see a link. I only see the error
    box that comes up and I've clicked on it with "Okay" or "Help".. doesn't
    matter if I left click or right click. I may never use Excel.. but would be
    nice to resolve it if I do happen to use it.

    Thanks again for all your help...
    --
    Bill
    WeeWilly, Sep 14, 2006

  2. WeeWilly

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Read the complete article it tells you that the problem is with Adobe and/or
    Norton and how to fix it.

    pcbutts1, Sep 14, 2006