    description of it.
    Detailed in the sense, at the byte level, i.e. the creation of
    executable from the source code. Preferable using C language.
    pistha, Feb 27, 2006

  2. X-No-Archive: YES
    pistha [] has entered into testimony

    > I have already done a course in compiler design, so i know the
    > overview of the compilation process, what i want to know is a detailed
    > description of it.
    > Detailed in the sense, at the byte level, i.e. the creation of
    > executable from the source code. Preferable using C language.

    Try the library you lazy bastard.

    --

    Skepticult® Member# 581-00504-208
    ChadwickStone at Gmail dot com
    Chadwick Stone©, Feb 27, 2006

  3. pistha

    pistha Guest

    library??? i cant get u man
    pistha, Feb 27, 2006
  4. pistha

    pistha Guest

    "Empty vessels makes more noise" ,if u can answer , please answer
    other wise please shut up!
    pistha, Feb 27, 2006
  5. pistha

    dadiOH Guest

    pistha wrote:
    > I have already done a course in compiler design, so i know the
    > overview of the compilation process, what i want to know is a detailed
    > description of it.
    > Detailed in the sense, at the byte level, i.e. the creation of
    > executable from the source code. Preferable using C language.

    1. Read source

    2. Translate the source into machine language. That translation
    involves looking up the machine code value for each "keyword" in the
    source and resolving memory references.

    3. Write machine language.

    Higher programming languages - *all* higher languages including
    assembler - are designed to ease the process of producing machine
    instructions by using mnemonics and (sometimes) multi-function
    statements.

    For example, all programming languages will include a statement for
    unconditional transfer of program flow to somewhere else; in Basic it
    would be GOTO<label>; in assembler, JMP<memory address>. I don't know
    the machine instructions for current processors but it used to be C3 for
    that function; consequently, any time a Basic compiler found "GOTO" in
    the source code it would write C3 as the machine code; that would be
    followed by the memory address for whatever label was referred to by the
    "GOTO".

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Feb 27, 2006
  6. pistha

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-02-27, pistha <> wrote:

    > I have already done a course in compiler design, so i know the overview
    > of the compilation process, what i want to know is a detailed
    > description of it.
    > Detailed in the sense, at the byte level, i.e. the creation of
    > executable from the source code. Preferable using C language.

    Do the course again but take notes this time.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Feb 27, 2006
  7. pistha

    why? Guest

    On 27 Feb 2006 01:59:47 -0800, pistha wrote:

    >I have already done a course in compiler design, so i know the overview

    Doesn't sound like it, you already asked about -
    source code to executable code flow , functionality in detail

    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: source code to executable code flow , functionality in detail
    Date: 24 Feb 2006 04:52:26 -0800

    >of the compilation process, what i want to know is a detailed
    >description of it.
    >Detailed in the sense, at the byte level, i.e. the creation of
    >executable from the source code. Preferable using C language.

    Write a compiler, then you will know it all inside and out.

    Me
    why?, Feb 27, 2006
  8. pistha

    why? Guest

    Why don't you just give up, you also asked -

    From: "ice berg" <>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Subject: in depth details
    Date: 27 Feb 2006 00:08:44 -0800

    >I have already done a course in compiler design, so i know the overview
    >of the compilation process, what i want to know is a detailed

    <snip>

    Me
    why?, Feb 27, 2006
  9. X-No-Archive: YES
    pistha [] has entered into testimony

    > library??? i cant get u man

    You know that building filled with books that you obviously never
    bothered to enter?

    Chadwick Stone©, Feb 28, 2006
  10. X-No-Archive: YES

    I've got yer answer right here, you dumb ****!