competition

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by carla chi, Sep 17, 2006.

  1. carla chi

    carla chi Guest

    carla chi, Sep 17, 2006

  2. carla chi

    Paul Heslop Guest

    carla chi wrote:

    > Hi!
    > I'ld like to help my very talented friend Micaela

    once was annoying, twice is just stupidity

    --
    Paul (This sky, too, is folding under you)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Sep 17, 2006

  3. ? "Paul Heslop" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > carla chi wrote:
    > >
    > > Hi!
    > > I'ld like to help my very talented friend Micaela

    > once was annoying, twice is just stupidity

    The first time he tried to use HTML tags.After these failed to display
    correctly, he reposted in plain text.

    --
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    mechanized infantry reservist
    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Sep 17, 2006
  4. Paul Heslop wrote:
    > carla chi wrote:
    >> Hi!
    >> I'ld like to help my very talented friend Micaela

    > once was annoying, twice is just stupidity

    And this is about photography, not artworks. Some nice stuff. But too
    small, too artsy a presentation.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 17, 2006
  5. carla chi

    carla chi Guest

    John McWilliams wrote:
    > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > carla chi wrote:
    > >> Hi!
    > >> I'ld like to help my very talented friend Micaela

    > > once was annoying, twice is just stupidity
    > >

    > And this is about photography, not artworks. Some nice stuff. But too
    > small, too artsy a presentation.
    >
    > --
    > john mcwilliams

    But these are photographs and if you click on them (on the right),
    you'll have a bigger one in a pop-up window.
    I'm talking about http://www.micaelapetroni.it/
    Thank you anyway
    carla chi, Sep 17, 2006
  6. carla chi wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    >> Paul Heslop wrote:
    >>> once was annoying, twice is just stupidity
    >>>

    >> And this is about photography, not artworks. Some nice stuff. But too
    >> small, too artsy a presentation.
    >>

    > But these are photographs and if you click on them (on the right),
    > you'll have a bigger one in a pop-up window.
    > I'm talking about http://www.micaelapetroni.it/
    > Thank you anyway

    Some of them may be, and all of them may have started as photos, but
    what I saw were heavily photoshopped compositions. Oh, oh, we may start
    another war on what is art, or what photography is limited to, if indeed
    it has limitations in the first place!

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 17, 2006
  7. carla chi

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:

    > ? "Paul Heslop" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > > carla chi wrote:
    > > >
    > > > Hi!
    > > > I'ld like to help my very talented friend Micaela

    > > once was annoying, twice is just stupidity
    > >

    > The first time he tried to use HTML tags.After these failed to display
    > correctly, he reposted in plain text.
    >
    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering,freelance electrician
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    ah, just came over in garbled text on mine, which is old and weary,
    like me :O)
    Paul Heslop, Sep 17, 2006
  8. carla chi

    Paul Heslop Guest

    carla chi wrote:

    > John McWilliams wrote:
    > > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > >
    > > > once was annoying, twice is just stupidity
    > > >

    > > And this is about photography, not artworks. Some nice stuff. But too
    > > small, too artsy a presentation.
    > >
    > > --
    > > john mcwilliams

    > But these are photographs and if you click on them (on the right),
    > you'll have a bigger one in a pop-up window.
    > I'm talking about http://www.micaelapetroni.it/
    > Thank you anyway

    And you should explain things that well before folks visit. Your
    original post looks like one of the ones where we click the link and
    get something irrelevant.
    Paul Heslop, Sep 17, 2006
  9. carla chi

    carla chi Guest

    > Some of them may be, and all of them may have started as photos, but
    > what I saw were heavily photoshopped compositions. Oh, oh, we may start
    > another war on what is art, or what photography is limited to, if indeed
    > it has limitations in the first place!
    >
    > --
    > john mcwilliams

    She uses this technique:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich_Printing

    I thought you all could be interested in these works; I didn't want to
    spam, but I had some very unuseful comments.

    Thank you anyway
    Carla
    carla chi, Sep 18, 2006
  10. carla chi wrote:
    >> Some of them may be, and all of them may have started as photos, but
    >> what I saw were heavily photoshopped compositions. Oh, oh, we may start
    >> another war on what is art, or what photography is limited to, if indeed
    >> it has limitations in the first place!
    >>

    > She uses this technique:
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich_Printing
    >
    > I thought you all could be interested in these works; I didn't want to
    > spam, but I had some very unuseful comments.

    Such is the nature of usenet. Did you get any useful comments?

    If indeed this is traditional sandwich printing, and not digital stuff,
    may I recommend rec.photo.equipment.35mm, but leave out the request for
    votes. Tell a bit more about what it is.

    Thanks, and kind wishes,

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Sep 18, 2006
  11. carla chi

    Guest

    carla chi wrote:
    > John McWilliams wrote:
    > > Paul Heslop wrote:
    > > >
    > > > once was annoying, twice is just stupidity
    > > >

    > > And this is about photography, not artworks. Some nice stuff. But too
    > > small, too artsy a presentation.
    > >
    > > --
    > > john mcwilliams

    > But these are photographs and if you click on them (on the right),
    > you'll have a bigger one in a pop-up window.
    > I'm talking about http://www.micaelapetroni.it/

    Ewww, it's a Flash website. Horrible. Why do people do this? Some Flash
    elements are fine, but whole websites done in Flash are completely
    useless.

    -Gniewko
    , Sep 18, 2006