compatible with windows mobile 5/Active Sync ?

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by idiotprogrammer, Dec 14, 2005.

  1. Hi, there, I'm installing a brand new OS on a semi-new PC. That OS will
    be the 64 bit edition of Windows (an OEM package).

    I also have a Dell Axim x50v PDA which I will need to sync with my
    64-bit windows PC .

    Can I assume that Active Sync and Pocket Outlook will work with 64bit
    Windows?

    My install CD with Axim X50v came with outlook installed. Will that
    also work in 64 bit?

    Other important applications (for me at least):

    ewallet
    Pocket Informant
    bluetooth keyboard?
    Sprite Backup (hey, I'm waiting for the WM5 to work!).
    other typical applications?

    Maybe my question is more general: when you install apps using
    ActiveSync, is it required that the app be 64bit friendly?

    If so, then that would kind of suck....

    I can keep my old PC indefinitely, so I can still sync from that. But
    what's it look like for WM5/Axim X50v?

    Robert Nagle
    Houston, Texas
    idiotprogrammer

    idiotprogrammer, Dec 14, 2005

  2. Anything requiring a driver will require a 64-bit driver. 32-bit drivers
    will not work by design. It is not something that will get fixed at some
    future date. You need to check the manufacturers' websites to determine
    availability of 64-bit support. 64-bit drivers are a real issue with x64
    and I assure you assumptions will get you in trouble. There is considerable
    driver information on PlanetAMD64. I think you will run into several
    problems with your list.

    Colin Barnhorst, Dec 14, 2005

  3. idiotprogrammer

    Roger Näf Guest

    Hi

    ActiveSync 4.1 run fine.

    Roger

    Roger Näf, Dec 14, 2005
  4. You can assume that Active Sync and Pocket Outlook will work with 64bit
    Windows.
    Both ActiveSync 3.8 and 4.1 will work properly.
    ActiveSync 4.1 has solved the inoperative "Explore" button in version 3.8
    but on the other hand it has no network connectivity (wired or unwired).
    You can only sync via USB or bluetooth.
    I keep using version 3.8 because it allows me Wi-Fi (unwired) syncing.
    If I want to explore my Pocket PC I just launch the 32-bit version of
    Explorer (e.g.: E:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\explorer.exe /separate), type "My PC" (no
    quotes) on the address bar in order to "see" my Mobile Device.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Dec 14, 2005