compatible video cards for 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?TGVlIEZlbm5leQ==?=, May 14, 2006.

  1. sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGVlIEZlbm5leQ==?=, May 14, 2006

  2. Lee:
    The best source would be at NVidia or ATI web sites. In the driver
    listing there is a list of compatible cards.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 14, 2006

  3. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 14, 2006
  4. Andre:

    Thanks for catching my omission.

    Dennis Pack x64, IE7B2, May 14, 2006
  5. I checked their website, but its hard to decipher through the
    downloads/drivers section. Its lost on their website really to be honest
    thats why I just suggested planetamd64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 14, 2006
  6. On Sun, 14 May 2006 04:04:02 +0100, Lee Fenney
    <> wrote:

    > sWhere can I get a list of compatible video card for WinXP Pro 64-bit?

    Pretty much anything made by Ati or NVidia in the last 4 years will be
    fine. Both ATI and NVidia have a unified driver model, where 1 driver
    works for all their recent cards. They both have x64 drivers, so pretty
    much everything from both vendors will be fine.

    Mark Gillespie, May 14, 2006
  7. Lee:
    Here you will find the full listing for the NVidia based graphic cards
    supported by x64
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/84.25_winxp64_supported.html
    and this is the only info I could get from ATI:
    Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition drivers and software are available for
    the following product types:
    Radeon®
    TV Tuners
    FireGLâ„¢
    FireMVâ„¢
    Motherboard with ATI Graphics

    Hope this helps.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, May 15, 2006
  8. I think all nvidia products are supported. Be careful of ATI, while they may
    have a driver, what they don't bother to mention is at least on the All in
    Wonder line there is no support for any of the card functions, i.e. no tv
    display, no movie playback, no video capture, etc. ad nauseum. Nero 7
    Ultimate supports the TV playback and the movie playback with that card. I
    had an aiw x800 for about 2 weeks in 64 bit, either the drivers are crap or
    my card has gone south because now all I get is a corrupted screen in 64 bit.
    I replaced it with a geforce 6600 OC 256 meg card, the official nvidia
    drivers can't see it but a beta I found can see it but now I've got two
    unknown devices in device manager, have to go looking for a newer beta I
    guess. Right now Nvidia seems the best supported, I am so mad at ATI I
    bought that card specificially because they claimed 64 bit support, they're a
    bunch of liars in my book, will never buy anything ATI ever again after this
    experience.

    =?Utf-8?B?U3VlIGluIEZsb3JpZGE=?=, Jun 20, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TGVlIEZlbm5leQ==?=

    hught1956 Guest

    i am running an evga 7800 gt co 256 meg nvidia based no issues
    whatsoever everything works as advertised ht

    Posted with NewsLeecher v2.1 Final
    * Binary Usenet Leeching Made Easy
    * http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet

    hught1956, Jun 20, 2006
  10. These are great cards. I have been impressed by how silky the scrolling is.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jun 20, 2006
  11. If you have any trouble with ATI or nVidia, I'd suggest you go visit
    NGOHQ.COM they are doing driver tweaking and there is nothing suspicious
    about it. Naturally, not everything works for everyone, but I'd give them a
    try.

    From what you say, though - you should be aware of the possibility of other
    problems you might be having? I have had no trouble of that kind with any
    nVidia driver or card since v.71.89 (my 64bit entry).

    ( 128MB FX5200 - 128MB PixelView 6800GT - 256MB Aeolus 6600 )

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jun 21, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TGVlIEZlbm5leQ==?=

    Lenard Lund Guest

    I have been running AIW x600 for about a year with no problems at all
    after the original driver update and each subsiquint update to the
    Catalyst drivers have been simple and easy to install with no ill effects.

    Lenard Lund, Jun 24, 2006