    of memory is DDR. Question is I have extra memory that a friend had from
    another IMB. It's 512mb but is 2Rx16. Will it be ok to put in my laptop
    with the 256, even they are slightly different?

    Steve, Aug 29, 2007

  2. "Steve" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns999B79F25854Ascheadleycohamdus@216.196.97.142...
    > Can anyone answer this for me?
    >
    > I have a IBM T30 Thinkpad. In it I have 256MB of RAM. I believe the type
    > of memory is DDR. Question is I have extra memory that a friend had from
    > another IMB. It's 512mb but is 2Rx16. Will it be ok to put in my laptop
    > with the 256, even they are slightly different?

    Probably won't fit, the locating slot should be in a slightly different
    place, if the memory is not compatible with the machine. I have a Toshiba
    'Equium' and my friend has a 'Satelite Pro', and the two Notebooks *look*
    the same, except mine is later, but we found out that his uses different
    memory cards to mine!

    Tim.

    . . . . Timothy . . . . ., Aug 29, 2007