    running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
    cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.

    Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

    Canon Paora Tikitiki, Oct 24, 2005

  2. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Rob J Guest

    In article <1130141914.ad8f5c3676bf41a851f045ecd331d990@teranews>,
    says...

    > I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
    > after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
    > I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
    > naked male pictures.
    >
    > Anyway the quality from the inkvenus cartridge is quite different from
    > the hp one. From a little distance the photo printing looks okay but
    > up close they look like they've been printed on cloth with fine lines
    > running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
    > cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.
    >
    > Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

    You can't expect identical results since they won't know the ink
    formulation which is a trade secret.

    Rob J, Oct 24, 2005

  3. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    XP Guest

    On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 08:17:39 GMT, (Canon Paora Tikitiki)
    wrote:

    >I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
    >after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
    >I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
    >naked male pictures.
    >
    >Anyway the quality from the inkvenus cartridge is quite different from
    >the hp one. From a little distance the photo printing looks okay but
    >up close they look like they've been printed on cloth with fine lines
    >running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
    >cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.
    >
    >Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

    Yes get a better brand one, like the UK made Jet Tec with 30% more Ink.

    http://www.jettec.co.uk/index.asp

    Their use to be a NZ agent, but it looks a bit dead to me..

    http://computerone.co.nz/

    Or this firm www.inkpost.co.nz for other brands..

    XP, Oct 24, 2005
  4. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    thingy Guest

    Canon Paora Tikitiki wrote:
    > I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
    > after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
    > I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
    > naked male pictures.
    >
    > Anyway the quality from the inkvenus cartridge is quite different from
    > the hp one. From a little distance the photo printing looks okay but
    > up close they look like they've been printed on cloth with fine lines
    > running horizontally and not so fine dots. The results from the hp
    > cartridge give me no lines and much finer dots.
    >
    > Are compatible cartridges usually so different?

    We had a epson c70 which was a very nice printer, switched to a
    compatible black cartridge which

    1) Used lots more ink as it kept having to be cleaned and when you
    cleaned it was all 4 cartridges....

    2) After a few weeks blocked the head ruining the printer....

    So, personally I am very reluctant to purchase non-genuine again...

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Oct 24, 2005
  5. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Enkidu Guest

    Canon Paora Tikitiki wrote:
    > I started using a recently purchased inkvenus colour cartridge today
    > after my genuine hp cartridge started running out of colour - at least
    > I guess that's what is happening - I was getting mauve streaks on my
    > naked male pictures.

    Are you absolutely sure that your naked males don't have
    purple streaks on them?

    http://www.magicdragon.com/Wallace/Brave1.html

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Oct 24, 2005
  6. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Ray Colvill Guest

    Clone cartridges killed two of my Epson printers.

    Epson's hate clones---period.

    One of their most prolific clone resellers did not want to
    know of a potential claim on their warranty.

    Sent it into a PC shop who confirmed the nozzles were
    blocked,got it in writing, passed it on to the reseller.

    Who came back with the excuse my 18 month old printer
    was worn out.

    Not there fault.

    QUESTION---Has anybody won a clone damage claim.

    Ray Colvill, Oct 25, 2005
  7. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    XP Guest

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:31:27 +1300, "Ray Colvill" <>
    wrote:

    >Clone cartridges killed two of my Epson printers.
    >
    >Epson's hate clones---period.
    >
    >One of their most prolific clone resellers did not want to
    >know of a potential claim on their warranty.
    >
    >Sent it into a PC shop who confirmed the nozzles were
    >blocked,got it in writing, passed it on to the reseller.
    >
    >Who came back with the excuse my 18 month old printer
    >was worn out.
    >
    >Not there fault.
    >
    >QUESTION---Has anybody won a clone damage claim.

    Just get the print head cleaned, I did it myself on me 740 Epson and that had
    always used Epson Ink..

    All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
    environment

    Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

    XP, Oct 25, 2005
  8. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Bling Bling Guest

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:11:39 +1300, XP wrote:

    > All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
    > environment
    >

    > Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

    Hmmm...

    Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
    for Epson's printers?

    Bling Bling

    --
    Pamela Jones: "Linux will continue to grow, and open formats and standards
    will continue to be adopted in part because we don't trust Microsoft."

    Bling Bling, Oct 25, 2005
  9. On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:51:09 +1300, Bling Bling <>
    wrote in <news:p>:

    > On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:11:39 +1300, XP wrote:
    >
    >> All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
    >> environment
    >>
    >> Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

    > Hmmm...
    >
    > Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
    > for Epson's printers?
    >
    > Bling Bling

    HARRUMPH! You have the colossal audacity to question the pronouncements
    of our resident goo-roo? Egad, Sir - it simply won't do, you might
    frighten the horses and scare the goldfish! Then where would we be?!

    --
    Regards,
    Nicolaas.

    .... No one is listening to you - until you fart.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Oct 25, 2005
  10. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Bling Bling Guest

    On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 20:35:25 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    >> Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
    >> for Epson's printers?
    >>
    >> Bling Bling

    > HARRUMPH! You have the colossal audacity to question the pronouncements
    > of our resident goo-roo? Egad, Sir - it simply won't do, you might
    > frighten the horses and scare the goldfish! Then where would we be?!

    LOL - Nice! :eek:)

    Bling Bling

    --
    Joe Barr: "So the question is not 'Is Microsoft lying?' It's deeper than
    that. The real question is, 'Is Microsoft capable of honesty?' And if you

    Bling Bling, Oct 25, 2005
  11. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    Phstpok Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins stubbed out the damp squib on 25/10/2005 8:35 p.m.and
    tried to bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    > On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:51:09 +1300, Bling Bling <>
    > wrote in <news:p>:
    >

    >>On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 18:11:39 +1300, XP wrote:
    >>

    >>>All Epson printers must be powered up ones a week and not used in a Hot
    >>>environment
    >>>
    >>>Then only use Jet Tec ink Tanks.

    >>Hmmm...
    >>
    >>Are you suggesting, Woger, that the Epson's ink cartriges are not suitable
    >>for Epson's printers?
    >>
    >>Bling Bling

    > HARRUMPH! You have the colossal audacity to question the pronouncements
    > of our resident goo-roo? Egad, Sir - it simply won't do, you might
    > frighten the horses and scare the goldfish! Then where would we be?!

    No more water polo?

    --
    Phstpok, the friendly alien

    Phstpok, Oct 25, 2005
  12. Canon Paora Tikitiki

    roberthe

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2008
    Messages:
    3
    I have to say, for inkjet printer, the main business secret is the printing heat.
    For the fomular of ink, it is really simply. That's why the ink tank which is without printing heat is really cheap and the ink cartridge with printing heat is really expensive.
    For HP cartridges, most compatible manufacturers have few compatible empty tank(with printing heat) because of the technical issue. Others are recycled. They should hightlight which one is recycled...

    roberthe, Apr 21, 2008