    I used Winfax Pro in the x86 version of XP Pro. With it I could fax via the
    internet or modem and schedule multiple faxes to multiple senders.

    Does anyone know of a x64 compatible fax program with similar features?
    Sam Crawford, Jul 29, 2005

  2. Sam Crawford

    wewa Guest

    I am using the built-in windows fax printer with a conexant 56k PCI modem.
    too simple for your needs?

    In the past, winfax has been too fat and slow and nasty for me...it always
    poisoned every machine I installed it on...

    wewa, Jul 30, 2005

  3. Sam Crawford

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 30-Jul-2005, "wewa" <.4me> wrote:

    > In the past, winfax has been too fat and slow and nasty for me...it always
    >
    > poisoned every machine I installed it on...

    I've been looking at the built in fax printer as an option. Now I am trying
    to find a way for it to use my Outlook Address Book to look up contacts.
    Any ideas on how to do this?
    Sam Crawford, Jul 30, 2005
  4. This is current issue I face with recognizing fax numbers through the
    Windows Address, Vista should take of that.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 30, 2005
  5. Sam Crawford

    John Barnes Guest

    Nice for you Andre, but most of us won't have access for more than a year.

    John Barnes, Jul 30, 2005
  6. Sam Crawford

    wewa Guest

    Googling results in the following:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/crawford_02october21.mspx
    http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm

    wewa, Jul 30, 2005
  7. Sam Crawford

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 30-Jul-2005, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote:

    > Vista should take of that.

    But I'm using XP-64 :)
    Sam Crawford, Jul 30, 2005
  8. Sam Crawford

    Sam Crawford Guest

    On 30-Jul-2005, "Sam Crawford" <> wrote:

    > I've been looking at the built in fax printer as an option. Now I am
    > trying
    > to find a way for it to use my Outlook Address Book to look up contacts.
    > Any ideas on how to do this?

    Replying to myself is almost like talking to myself. Is this a sign of
    insanity? Is being an early user of XP-64 another sign of insanity? :)

    Anyways, I found I could export my Outlook 2003 contacts to a text file, and
    import it into my fax printer's address book (search *.wab) and then fax
    using that. It is more "klugey" than using Winfax Pro. Winfax's address
    book would always be synced with Outlook's. This way I'll have to remember
    to update the fax's address book before any critical faxing.
    Sam Crawford, Jul 30, 2005