    download from the camera with a cable but card readers are much faster.

    Thanks

    Doug

    Doug Robbins, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Doug Robbins

    Rudy Benner Guest

    "Doug Robbins" <> wrote in message
    news:45aa74bb$0$5193$...
    >I recently bought a 1 GB Fuji Branded Type M XD flash card. My old Dazzle
    >Zio xD reader doesn't seem to even recognize it, although the Zio works
    >fine with my older xD cards. It is my understanding that the Type M and
    >Type H xD cards use a different compression scheme than the older xD cards.
    >Does anyone know of a card reader that is compatitble with the new types?
    >I'd rather have some info than just go buying at random. So far web
    >searches for the type M and H don't turn up much info about compatiblity.
    >I can download from the camera with a cable but card readers are much
    >faster.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug

    Xd cards are a pain in the butt. Download from the camera. Always format in
    the camera.

    Rudy Benner, Jan 14, 2007

  3. Doug Robbins

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 14 Jan 2007 13:21:49 -0500, Doug Robbins wrote:

    > I recently bought a 1 GB Fuji Branded Type M XD flash card. My old Dazzle
    > Zio xD reader doesn't seem to even recognize it, although the Zio works fine
    > with my older xD cards. It is my understanding that the Type M and Type H
    > xD cards use a different compression scheme than the older xD cards. Does
    > anyone know of a card reader that is compatitble with the new types? I'd
    > rather have some info than just go buying at random. So far web searches for
    > the type M and H don't turn up much info about compatiblity. I can
    > download from the camera with a cable but card readers are much faster.

    I have Sandisk's "USB 12-in-1 Card Reader/Writer". It can be used
    horizontally or place at an angle vertically in an included plastic
    pedestal. The last item on the package's compatibility list states:

    > xD and xD Type M and H

    I have 1GB xD cards, both type M and type H and they all without
    any problems, and files transfer much quicker than if I use my HP
    computer's #@*&!%$ built-in card reader. Sandisk sells a cheaper,
    smaller model that doesn't accept CF and some other card types, but
    is also compatible with Type M and H xD cards. But be careful.
    Only a couple of months ago stores were selling identically looking
    Sandisk card readers, but the package information only said that
    they were compatible with standard xD and Type M xD cards. Many
    stores may still carry these older models. Late last year I bought
    but had to return a Sandisk PCMCIA/CF adapter because it was
    incompatible with Type H xD cards (when used with a CF/xD adapter).

    ASAAR, Jan 14, 2007
  4. Doug Robbins

    Jack Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    "Doug Robbins" <> wrote in

    > I recently bought a 1 GB Fuji Branded Type M XD flash card. My old
    > Dazzle Zio xD reader doesn't seem to even recognize it, although the
    > Zio works fine with my older xD cards. It is my understanding that
    > the Type M and Type H xD cards use a different compression scheme than
    > the older xD cards. Does anyone know of a card reader that is
    > compatitble with the new types? I'd rather have some info than just
    > go buying at random. So far web searches for the type M and H don't
    > turn up much info about compatiblity. I can download from the camera
    > with a cable but card readers are much faster.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug

    I had the same problem, as I recently bought 2 Type H Xd cards and couldn't
    find a reader that worked with them. I found a Super Talent All in 1 Card
    reader on Amazon and it works just fine. It was very inexpensive, less
    than $15 including shipping.

    Jack, Jan 14, 2007
  5. Doug Robbins

    tomcas Guest

    Doug Robbins wrote:
    > I recently bought a 1 GB Fuji Branded Type M XD flash card. My old Dazzle
    > Zio xD reader doesn't seem to even recognize it, although the Zio works fine
    > with my older xD cards. It is my understanding that the Type M and Type H
    > xD cards use a different compression scheme than the older xD cards. Does
    > anyone know of a card reader that is compatitble with the new types? I'd
    > rather have some info than just go buying at random. So far web searches for
    > the type M and H don't turn up much info about compatiblity. I can
    > download from the camera with a cable but card readers are much faster.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Doug

    According to page 14 of the linked compatibility chart most all of the
    Olympus readers are compatible with H,M, and plain XD cards.
    http://tinyurl.com/ybmg9t
    Contrary to the chart the MAUSB-200 reader is available without a card.
    http://www.abtelectronics.com/scripts/site/site_product.php3?id=22965

    tomcas, Jan 15, 2007
  6. Doug Robbins

    Doug Robbins Guest