    All replies to group please

    Thanks in anticipation.

    PC in Perth
    PC, Dec 11, 2007

  2. PC wrote:
    > Camera is Canon S1 IS - about 4 years old
    > According to Sandisk it will take CF cards up to 16gb.

    The original CF standard from 1994 goes all the way up to 137GB. Therefore
    those 16GB must be some artificial limit like maybe the inability to deal
    with a larger file system.

    > I've bought an adaptor so that I can use SD cards in it instead of CF.
    > This adaptor works fine with the SD card I've tried which is 1gb.
    >
    > Does anybody know if it would be possible to use one of the new SDHC
    > SD cards in it as well?

    In this scenario the limiting factor is obviously that unknown adapter. What
    does the manual say?

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Dec 12, 2007

  3. PC

    PC Guest

    On Dec 12, 11:55 am, "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote:
    > PC wrote:
    > > Camera is Canon S1 IS - about 4 years old
    > > According to Sandisk it will take CF cards up to 16gb.

    > The original CF standard from 1994 goes all the way up to 137GB. Therefore
    > those 16GB must be some artificial limit like maybe the inability to deal
    > with a larger file system.
    >
    > > I've bought an adaptor so that I can use SD cards in it instead of CF.
    > > This adaptor works fine with the SD card I've tried which is 1gb.

    > > Does anybody know if it would be possible to use one of the new SDHC
    > > SD cards in it as well?

    > In this scenario the limiting factor is obviously that unknown adapter. What
    > does the manual say?
    >
    > jue

    Manual? For an adaptor bought off Ebay?

    I think it is time to cut the #### and just take it into a camera shop
    and get them to try it.

    Cheers,

    PC
    PC, Dec 12, 2007