  1. any one else have the problem of when you install the compatibility or
    reliability update and reboot your netwok connection is lost and only way to
    get it back is to restore
    travis calder, Aug 16, 2007

  2. Yes, the same thing happened to me. I did the uninstall and all is good. I
    now have that same update waiting to be reinstalled. You may not be getting
    alot of response to your post because this has happenned to others and they
    have not figured out the problem yet.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHNpbGluc2tp?=, Aug 17, 2007

  3. do you have a broadcomm network adapter

    Travis Calder, Aug 17, 2007
  4. No

    =?Utf-8?B?ZHNpbGluc2tp?=, Aug 17, 2007
  5. travis calder

    Roger Gelder Guest

    Also see 'microsoft.public.security.homeusers' @
    "Issues with August Updates - Vista" for review of
    current update problems.

    Travis - you asked about a broadcomm network adaptor-
    co-incidental to doing the MS updates, I had just down-
    loaded the latest Nvidia/Catalyst update and noticed that
    it also loaded a broadcomm USB driver, making about the
    fifth (all different) USB driver for me in the past fortnight.
    Does this make a difference with the MS update problem?
    Regards,
    roj

    Roger Gelder, Aug 18, 2007
  6. dont know i was just looking for commanality

    i am now trying to check all my drivers to see if thy are all signed and
    then will try update again

    travis calder, Aug 18, 2007
  7. travis calder

    John Barnes Guest

    Don't know if this is related, but I had to enable 'intranet' settings and
    then it worked fine. Appears that intranet settings are now turned off by
    default.

    John Barnes, Aug 18, 2007
  8. GOT IT WORKING

    i had installed this
    Vista tcpip.sys Connection Limit Patch

    apparantly the update makes it show up as not digitally signed and blocks it

    RePLACED the tcpip.sys file in system32/drivers folder with another
    unmodified file

    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...&tid=cc6ad856-2be2-408a-b172-78148ef4ea8e&p=1

    travis calder, Aug 18, 2007