    Thanks a lot
    Gautam

    , Jan 13, 2007

  2. Gary Guest

    Gautam wrote:

    > Also, all the clients are either Windows XP SP1 or SP2. So, there is
    > definitely OS support for 802.1x and PEAP and EAP-MSCHAP v2. But should
    > I be looking for similar support in every wireless client adapter as
    > well? I am not sure if such features should be checked at the OS level
    > only or also the adapter level also?

    You probably want to steer away from WEP unless you're using with with
    TKIP. I prefer to use CCMP as it uses the more robust AES encryption. But
    the card has to support WPA or WPA2 (preferably) and if you want WPA2,
    your XP boxes must be running SP2 with the following hotfix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/893357

    The alternative is to turn off the zero config networking service and use
    your card vendor's software, e.g. Intel Centrino have their own supplicant
    that I find superior to Microsoft's.

    -Gary

    Gary, Jan 15, 2007