    I don't know what's causing it but I'm using win98se and the HDD are both
    80gb and the bios recognizes them but the won't work in windows with them
    both installed.

    ME, Jul 14, 2003

  2. ME

    Simeon Guest

    "ME" <> wrote in message
    news:MstQa.50738$...
    > And it also says drive c & d is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file

    system.
    > I don't know what's causing it but I'm using win98se and the HDD are both
    > 80gb and the bios recognizes them but the won't work in windows with them
    > both installed.

    I've had this problem before. Theres some info here:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q151911

    --
    Simeon

    Simeon, Jul 14, 2003

  3. ME

    °Mike° Guest

    Troubleshooting MS-DOS Compatibility Mode on Hard Disks
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;130179

    MS-DOS Compatibility Mode Problems with PCI IDE Controllers
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;151911

    Large IDE Hard Disk May Run In Compatibility Mode
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;175629

    FAT32 Using Compatibility Mode with OnTrack Disk Manager
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;152701

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:02:52 GMT, in
    <MstQa.50738$>
    ME scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 14, 2003
  4. ME

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:02:52 GMT, In this world we created "ME"
    <> wrote :

    >And it also says drive c & d is using MS-DOS compatibility mode file system.
    >I don't know what's causing it but I'm using win98se and the HDD are both
    >80gb and the bios recognizes them but the won't work in windows with them
    >both installed.

    http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/mode.html
    HTH :)

    --