    just to expensive.
    Can anybody give me advice on the 64 bit set up I just gave you the links
    for because I can't make up my mind.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWx1Y2FyZA==?=, Nov 18, 2005

  2. Hi There:
    I have intalled AMD 64 2800, 3000, 4400 Dual Core and Sempron 2600, the main
    difference is the cache they have, they all perform well under games like
    splinter cell, doom, warcraftt III, battlefield.

    I will recommend you to get a good video card, minimum ATI 9600xt /Nvidia
    Geforce 6600 or higher

    I also recommend you to get if you can afford it, 939 socket adn install
    dual channel memory

    performance is great in this systems,

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9zIEI=?=, Nov 18, 2005

  3. Mi son has got an ASUS K8N mobo (socket 754), Sempron 3000+, ATI 9600.
    It's a fine gaming machine.
    I've got an ASUS A8N-SLI mobo (socket 939), Athlon 64 3500+, NVIDIA 6600.
    It's an excellent gaming machine.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Nov 18, 2005
  4. "Carlos" <> wrote in message
    > Mi son has got an ASUS K8N mobo (socket 754), Sempron 3000+, ATI 9600.
    > It's a fine gaming machine.
    > I've got an ASUS A8N-SLI mobo (socket 939), Athlon 64 3500+, NVIDIA 6600.
    > It's an excellent gaming machine.
    > Carlos

    Hi,

    I agree with the above, I am running an Athlon64 3000 on s-754, and it is
    wonderfull, mostly because the board (Asrock) has a conservative design and
    so, is utterly stable. It is no 'speed demon' but with a GB of RAM and a
    Geforce 6600 GT 128 MB it is running the games I require at a decent speed -
    although the GTR racing game could easily gobble up everything being
    doubled.

    Do note, though, that some games will install without protest on XP Pro x64
    Edition only to refuse to run, so if this is your targeted system - I'd
    suggest for you to go dual-booting. In that case, install 32bit XP first.
    Most people here seem to favor this kind of set-up. Also, for a gaming
    environment, make sure all you Hardware is supported, drivers in hand and
    BIOS updated, your best approach to avoid any problems.

    However, for really serious gaming - a speed-demon - I do not think this
    machine will impress you. You would probably need all the freshest stuff -
    2GB Ram, dual-core, and 256 MB SLI to do that! For something a bit more
    modest, I think your choice might serve you well, but you might not keep it
    for very long, great things are on the horizon, so it's a choice - blow away
    that bank-account now and buy something wild, or buy something standard,
    find an income, and buy what you really want later.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 19, 2005
  5. He guys thanks for the tips I now know what this set up is capable of, and
    thanks for the tip to install 32 bit and 64 bit operating systems Tony, very
    valuabale.
    Of course I know that the technology is marching on but if you wait to long
    you'll mis out on things I quese.

    =?Utf-8?B?QWx1Y2FyZA==?=, Nov 19, 2005
  6. Yes, this is precisely the point, my advice is buy whatever you think you
    can afford, but if you are short on money, don't start buying extra stuff to
    try and hide the fact that it isn't what you dreamed it would be, go for a
    standard system that has the minimum of what you think you need. Such a
    system should not be updated, pass it on to someone who can make good use of
    it, and put your money in the next machine. Old stuff has no value when you
    want something new.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Nov 19, 2005