    chips? I've read in many reports that when comparing processors at the
    same Ghz, the Core 2 Duo is the faster processor on 32-bit Windows and
    I was wondering if this also holds true on 64-bit Windows.

    RMZ, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Benchmarking is difficult to analyze. Intel chips have huge caches and AMD's
    have the memory controler on-board, few benchmarks gauge the actual work
    that is performed an none that I know of does it in terms of those different
    philosofies, I think. If you cannot test them against each other on their
    personal strength's and weaknesses both, there is little value in the
    exercise, it would seem. Sad, though, because I am curious too.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Anandtech is one I watch. But I think the general concensus at this point is
    that Intel has jumped back ahead. There can be lots of reasons why you
    choose a particular processor. If I were buying a laptop today, it would be
    an AMD Turion x2 based on - not because I think the chip is faster, but
    because I really like the Acer Ferrari, and it uses a Turion. But if I were
    buying a desktop today, it would be Intel based.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 7, 2007