    or
    Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050

    Thank you for any replies.
    user, Nov 20, 2006

  2. user

    Ron Guest

    "user" <> wrote in message
    news:8vp8h.24987$...
    > Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
    > powerful
    >
    > Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
    > or
    > Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050
    >
    > Thank you for any replies.

    With normal software the Pentium. With software written for using with a
    dual core processor then it's the T2050.
    It really depends what you need it for. Remember how dual processor boards
    never took off a few years back? We are seeing the same thing happen again.
    Ron, Nov 20, 2006

  3. user

    Donald Guest

    "user" <> wrote in message
    > Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
    > powerful
    >
    > Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
    > or
    > Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050
    >
    > Thank you for any replies.

    Intel(R) Core Duo 2 QX6700 is the cat daddy
    http://www.hothardware.com/viewarticle.aspx?articleid=897
    Donald, Nov 21, 2006
  4. user

    Plato Guest

    user wrote:

    > Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
    > powerful
    >
    > Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
    > or
    > Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050

    Depends on what you will use it for.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Nov 23, 2006
  5. user

    user Guest

    "Plato" <|@|.|> wrote in message
    > user wrote:
    >>
    >> Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the
    >> more
    >> powerful
    >>
    >> Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
    >> or
    >> Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050

    > Depends on what you will use it for.

    Does the speed alter, depending on which progs you use??
    user, Nov 23, 2006
  6. user

    Margolotta Guest

    On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:20:05 +0000, Ron wrote
    (in article <45622a25$>):

    > "user" <> wrote in message
    >> Could somebody tell me which of these two CPU's is the faster, or the more
    >> powerful
    >>
    >> Mobile Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4CPU 3.06GHz
    >> or
    >> Intel(R) Core Duo Processor T2050
    >>
    >> Thank you for any replies.
    >>

    > With normal software the Pentium. With software written for using with a
    > dual core processor then it's the T2050.
    > It really depends what you need it for. Remember how dual processor boards
    > never took off a few years back? We are seeing the same thing happen again.

    Er, no, we're not. Apple's been producing dual-processor systems for at least
    3 years and the final PPC system had FOUR CPUs. Now the latest Macs are all
    dual processor and the Mac Pros are quad core (2x2 dual core CPUs). There are
    rumours that Apple will have octo-core systems out by the middle of next year
    (4x2 dual core CPUs using Intel's Clovertown processors).

    Get your facts straight before posting. Dual processor PCs might be dead, but
    PeeCees aren't the only systems in existence.
    Margolotta, Nov 23, 2006