Compare Pics?: Acdsee/PS won't use mult windows from it's own browser?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Molly, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Molly

    Molly Guest

    Hello,

    I just want to browse thumbnail images in ACDSee, and then select a few,
    that each might open in it's own window that I may compare all the
    pictures.

    But it just won't do it. I am amazed. I would think many people would
    want to compare various versions of pictures and would want a few side
    by side, but dang if I can find an app to do it.

    Sure...I can go all the way back to windows explorer and open up an
    acdsee instance, then repeat. But must it be done this way?

    Thanks for your input!!!!

    Love,

    Molly
    Molly, Sep 2, 2003

  2. Molly

    Littleboy Guest

    Hope this will get close to what you wanna do:

    ACDSee: Shift-doubleClick an image and it will open in it's own ACDSee
    instance

    Photoshop 7: open two (or more) images and choose Window / Documents / Tile.

    Greets

    Littleboy

    Littleboy, Sep 2, 2003

  3. Molly

    Manticore Guest

    I use Acdsee's Mpowertools or Picaview add on program to get a thumbnail
    when I right click an image, clicking on the thumbnail in the menu brings up
    a full size of the image and can be repeated as many times as you like,
    makes for comparing images easy I use this method alot. But using
    Acdsee's thumbnails and right clicking you need to go into tools/options
    and alter the rightclick menu back to Windows Explorer type menu for this
    to work a breeze within Acdsee.

    Manticore, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Molly

    Guest

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:08:33 GMT, Molly
    <molly_davis@pulitzer_prize.com> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I just want to browse thumbnail images in ACDSee, and then select a few,
    >that each might open in it's own window that I may compare all the
    >pictures.
    >
    >But it just won't do it. I am amazed. I would think many people would
    >want to compare various versions of pictures and would want a few side
    >by side, but dang if I can find an app to do it.
    >
    >Sure...I can go all the way back to windows explorer and open up an
    >acdsee instance, then repeat. But must it be done this way?
    >
    >Thanks for your input!!!!
    >
    >Love,
    >
    >Molly

    I've been using an early version of Firehand Ember (3.8) for years now
    as it's an excellent picture viewer and you can open multiple pictures
    from the thumbnail browser for side by side comparison. I tried a
    couple of the latest (trial) versions (6.something) over the past few
    months but they are bugged in that these pictures opened for
    comparison keep closing after a while whenever new pictures are
    opened. I've tried communicating with Firehand to report this but
    unless you have bought the full version they block any communication
    and won't respond to emails. Companies like this will not get any
    money out of me. But if you can find an earlier version, I'd recommend
    giving it a go.

    MJ
    , Sep 2, 2003
  5. Molly

    Hecate Guest

    On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:08:33 GMT, Molly
    <molly_davis@pulitzer_prize.com> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >I just want to browse thumbnail images in ACDSee, and then select a few,
    >that each might open in it's own window that I may compare all the
    >pictures.
    >
    >But it just won't do it. I am amazed. I would think many people would
    >want to compare various versions of pictures and would want a few side
    >by side, but dang if I can find an app to do it.
    >
    >Sure...I can go all the way back to windows explorer and open up an
    >acdsee instance, then repeat. But must it be done this way?
    >
    >Thanks for your input!!!!
    >
    >Love,
    >
    >Molly

    Thumbsplus (www.cerious.com) has a compare on the right click menu
    which does this nicely.

    --

    Hecate
    (Fried computers a specialty)
    Hecate, Sep 3, 2003
  6. Molly

    JunkMonkey Guest

    In ACDSee 5 Follow this menu path to do what you want.
    |Activities|Manage|Browse|

    This will instantly open a new instance of ACDSee allowing you to view
    Photos side by side.

    This has an added advantage that both views have full functionality,
    allowing you to "tweak" one Photo to bring it into line with the other
    photo. Of course, you can do this as many times as your memory will allow.
    Allowing you to do side-by-side comparisons of as many photos as you like.

    JunkMonkey, Sep 3, 2003
  7. Molly

    Kristy Guest

    I HIGHLY recommend ACDSee's mPower Tools for this functionality.

    Kristy, Oct 3, 2003
  8. Molly

    Paul Furman Guest

    Re: Compare Pics?: Acdsee/PS won't use mult windows from it's ownbrowser?

    I select the group then scroll back & forth with the middle wheel of the
    mouse to compare. Or open them in separate instances of Irfanview by
    selecting a group in explorer.

    Paul Furman, Oct 7, 2003