ComparatorPro problem, 1 more time

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JohnF, May 4, 2007.

  1. JohnF

    JohnF Guest

    OK, I've had a cup of coffee and am relatively awake, so, here goes;

    I use ComparatorPro to sync files between my desktop and 2 laptops.
    When I start ComparatorPro it usually displays all the computers on
    the network but, sometimes, it will show all the computers except the
    last one I sync'd with. On that one it displays only the last folder I
    was connected to and I can't access any other folder on that one
    computer. All other computers are there and accessible just fine but
    no matter what I've tried so far I cannot get to any other folders on
    the last sync'd computer. What I usually have to do to get around this
    is go to another computer with ComparatorPro installed and sync from
    that end.

    Any help?

    JohnF

    My state of mind varies with barometric pressure

    JohnF, May 4, 2007

  2. JohnF

    meerkat Guest

    "JohnF" <> wrote in message
    > OK, I've had a cup of coffee and am relatively awake, so, here goes;
    >
    > I use ComparatorPro to sync files between my desktop and 2 laptops.
    > When I start ComparatorPro it usually displays all the computers on
    > the network but, sometimes, it will show all the computers except the
    > last one I sync'd with. On that one it displays only the last folder I
    > was connected to and I can't access any other folder on that one
    > computer. All other computers are there and accessible just fine but
    > no matter what I've tried so far I cannot get to any other folders on
    > the last sync'd computer. What I usually have to do to get around this
    > is go to another computer with ComparatorPro installed and sync from
    > that end.

    There is a Q&A board for this program here..
    http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp

    Seems like it might be the best place to get some help.

    bw..

    meerkat, May 4, 2007

  3. Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 4, 2007
  4. JohnF

    meerkat Guest

    > meerkat wrote:
    >
    >> There is a Q&A board for this program here..
    >> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp
    >>
    >> Seems like it might be the best place to get some help.

    > As already mentioned (in the "CompatitorPro" thread), that is the board
    > where he already asked this same question on February 15th, with no
    >
    > http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp&msg=467

    Sorry Beau, didn`t remember seeing that.
    I dump msgs every night.
    Sounds like he ought to dump `titor` and get SyncBack.

    bw..

    meerkat, May 4, 2007
  5. JohnF

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "meerkat" <> wrote in message

    >> meerkat wrote:
    >>
    >>> There is a Q&A board for this program here..
    >>> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp
    >>>
    >>> Seems like it might be the best place to get some help.

    >> As already mentioned (in the "CompatitorPro" thread), that is the board
    >> where he already asked this same question on February 15th, with no
    >>
    >> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp&msg=467
    >>

    > Sorry Beau, didn`t remember seeing that.
    > I dump msgs every night.
    > Sounds like he ought to dump `titor` and get SyncBack.

    Agreed. That's what I use most of the time.
    http://www.2brightsparks.com/

    And I've used Karen's Replicator from Karen's Power Tools quite successfully
    too.
    http://www.karenware.com/

    WhzzKdd, May 4, 2007
  6. meerkat wrote:

    > "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <> wrote:
    >> http://www.softbytelabs.com/us/support.pl?product=cp&msg=467

    > Sorry Beau, didn`t remember seeing that.

    No problem.

    > I dump msgs every night.
    > Sounds like he ought to dump `titor` and get SyncBack.

    Nah, that's just as hard to spell... <lol>

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, May 4, 2007