Compaq S6000Z bios beep code?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Sep 14, 2006.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    Have a S6000z Compaq that ran more or less fine when on XP. it's a
    2900 IIRC, 1.5 gigs memory. Upgrading to Vista Beta was fine, then
    installed Vista RC1. It crashes about 2-3 times a day.

    The event log is no help:

    General:
    "The previous system shutdown at 7:54:18 PM on 9/8/2006 was
    unexpected."
    (No shit?)

    Last night around 2 AM, it attempted to reboot, but the screen was
    blank, and was giving a BIOS beep - one beep around 1.5 seconds, then
    2 second pause, then the 1.5 second beep. I could be off on the times.
    I was pretty pissed for the wake up call and just pressed the power
    switch, it came right back up.

    Any ideas? Not having any luck googling.

    Thanks.

    Evan
    Evan Platt, Sep 14, 2006