    Any pointers appreciated.

    Thanks,

    Dave

    DaveG, Aug 4, 2003

  2. You could go down this track but this is the way I look at it.

    I charge $100+ per hour for IT work.

    I am looking at say 2 - 3 hours locating and procuring this part which is
    worth say $250-400. That is if one can be had second hand!

    The maths doesn't work for me.

    The only other suggestion is a US based broker that has access to many more
    machines that are available in NZ. Only question is the cost of freight etc.

    Good luck!!!

    Regards

    Justin

    "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
    > > Compaq/HP NZ perhaps ?
    > >
    > > "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>I'm looking for an NZ source for one of these psu's (Compaq part number
    > >>169286-0020). I know I can import one, but a local source would be

    easier.

    Justin C. Le Grice, Aug 4, 2003

  3. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
    > You could go down this track but this is the way I look at it.
    >
    > I charge $100+ per hour for IT work.
    >
    > I am looking at say 2 - 3 hours locating and procuring this part which is
    > worth say $250-400. That is if one can be had second hand!
    >
    > The maths doesn't work for me.
    >
    > The only other suggestion is a US based broker that has access to many more
    > machines that are available in NZ. Only question is the cost of freight etc.
    >
    > Good luck!!!
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Justin
    >
    > "DaveG" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
    >>
    >>>Compaq/HP NZ perhaps ?
    >>>
    >>>"DaveG" <> wrote in message

    > easier.

    >>That'd be the obvious one :) I was thinking more of brokers or sources
    >>of used components.
    >>
    >>Thanks,
    >>
    >>Dave

    I've already located several US sources for the psu.

    The nice thing about usenet is that by posting a query one may happen
    upon someone who may have a ready answer. In this case it's not
    inconceivable that someone may have solved a similar problem recently or
    even have a psu sitting on a shelf.

    Cheers,

    Dave

    DaveG, Aug 4, 2003
  4. DaveG

    DaveG Guest

    colinco wrote:
    > In article <>, DaveG wrote...
    >
    >>I'm looking for an NZ source for one of these psu's (Compaq part number
    >>169286-0020). I know I can import one, but a local source would be easier.
    >>

    > Alan repairs some PSUs and collects spares
    > Alan Liefting
    >
    > Contact information:
    >
    > EcoTech Services
    > 78 Flockton Street.
    > St Albans
    > Christchurch
    >
    > Telephone: (03)385-3830
    > Facsimile: (03)385-3830
    > Email: aliefting_inserttheusual_ihug.co.nz

    OK, thanks for the pointer.

    Dave

    DaveG, Aug 4, 2003
  5. DaveG

    pete Guest

    "DaveG" <> wrote in message

    > Justin C. Le Grice wrote:
    > > You could go down this track but this is the way I look at it.
    > >
    > > I charge $100+ per hour for IT work.
    > >
    > > I am looking at say 2 - 3 hours locating and procuring this part which

    is
    > > worth say $250-400. That is if one can be had second hand!
    > >
    > > The maths doesn't work for me.
    > >
    > > The only other suggestion is a US based broker that has access to many

    more
    > > machines that are available in NZ. Only question is the cost of freight

    etc.

    > > Good luck!!!
    > >
    > > Regards
    > >
    > > Justin
    > >
    > > "DaveG" <> wrote in message

    number

    > > easier.

    > >>That'd be the obvious one :) I was thinking more of brokers or sources
    > >>of used components.
    > >>
    > >>Thanks,
    > >>
    > >>Dave
    > >>

    > I've already located several US sources for the psu.
    >
    > The nice thing about usenet is that by posting a query one may happen
    > upon someone who may have a ready answer. In this case it's not
    > inconceivable that someone may have solved a similar problem recently or
    > even have a psu sitting on a shelf.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Dave

    RCN and associates (in Auckland phone book) have a bit of used Compaq
    gear. Pretty sure they sell stuff via Trade-Me,also

    pete, Aug 4, 2003