    it by disconnecting my CDR IDE cable...

    Thanks

    Chris

    Chris, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Chris

    ICee Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > Compaq Presario 2400GHZ Windows XP Home Computer works fine, When I
    > try & connect my old secondary drive to copy data the PC stops at
    > boot up & only has the option for F1 for setup or F2 for restore. The
    > jumper over the J48 position is configuring the drive for Cable
    > Select & it was working just fine in my old PC & a secondary drive.
    > My C: drive from my old PC which is a Western Digital connects just
    > fine with my Compaq. Any Ideas as to what I can try. The Maxtor is a
    > 40GB Model 91296D6 & I have been trying to connect it by
    > disconnecting my CDR IDE cable...
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris

    Most systems use Master/Slave jumpering, rather than Cable Select. The
    best way to install it would be as a Slave drive on the same IDE channel
    as the C drive (assuming the C drive does not use Cable Select). You
    should go into the BIOS and make sure the secondary channel is enabled
    and set to Auto detect the drive.

    ICee, Apr 23, 2004