    no signal.
    Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?

    Thank you in advance

    Jim Conrad, Jan 31, 2006

  2. Jim Conrad

    JANA Guest

    In the notebooks, the video card is normally an intergral part of the mother
    board. If you do not see any video during the post start-up, this may be a
    mother board failure in general, or the video section itself. This is hard
    to determine without doing the proper diagnostics.

    If there is a fault on the mother board in a notebook and it is out of
    warranty, the cost of servicing it may not be feasible.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    "Jim Conrad" <> wrote in message
    I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
    Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says

    JANA, Jan 31, 2006

  3. Jim Conrad

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In news:,
    Jim Conrad spewed forth:
    > I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
    > Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
    > no signal.
    > Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?

    Do you even know if the system is powering up correctly?

    Toolman Tim, Feb 1, 2006
  4. Jim Conrad <> wrote:

    >I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
    >Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
    >no signal.
    >Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?
    >

    >Thank you in advance

    Pull the hard-drive, load it into another laptop, save to removable disk
    what data you have to have.

    Boot to safe mode. No lights on the monitor is a very bad sign. I've
    never seen a PCMCIA video card for a laptop... Still haven't.

    Your welcome, in retrospect.

    NC
    (In a word, Yes, then No, at this time.)
    TheNIGHTCRAWLER, Feb 2, 2006
  5. Jim Conrad <> wrote:

    >I have a Compaq Presario 900 Notebook, the video does not work on it,
    >Even when plugging into a external montitor the external monitor says
    >no signal.
    >Is this most likely the video card ? and is it replaceable ?
    >

    >Thank you in advance

    http://www.usbgear.com/USB-Video-Card.html
    Yer in for a world of hurt when a video card goes bad in a laptop. In
    laptops, most video cards are built irretrievably into the mainboard and
    are not replaceable by the average person, or normally, ANY person.

    ANYTHING that can plug into a computer talks, though. Sometimes
    requires a translator to transfer information. Occasionally requires
    a method of sight. Good luck.

    TheNIGHTCRAWLER
    (Good for multiple monitors via usb? Possibilities...)
    TheNIGHTCRAWLER, Feb 3, 2006