    *CPQA0E9

    Anyone Know or how to find out ?

    Compaq chat was no help the machine is too old.

    Any Propaganda==Enemy Propaganda, May 24, 2007

  2. The Solution to this problem was found in a program named
    sp1335.exe which creates two floppy discs with the necessary
    drivers for a hardware thing called MPEG whatever.
    The device seems obsolete but at least you can make the
    Unknown devices go away by installing the two MPEG
    devices which seem built into the Motherboard
    of this Compaq Presario 5528.

    For solving this OTHER UNKNOWN DEVICES problem
    you only need floppy one of two.

    You run setup.exe program on disc one then by one means or another
    you need to run the install new hardware wizard under the control panel
    to find the whatever.

    Cheers and please throw me a good ol' Irish wake when I die;
    that is of course, if anyone is still alive to do so.
    DS

    Any Propaganda==Enemy Propaganda, May 25, 2007