    files were stored on a hard drive partion and the recovery disk is useless
    without them.

    Anybody know any solutions? Websites with the drivers etc...
    SRB, Jan 27, 2004

  2. On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 02:29:29 +0000, SRB wrote:

    > I have a compaq presario 1245 that had it's drive reformatted. I want to
    > reinstall the version of windows that came with the laptop - but the cab
    > files were stored on a hard drive partion and the recovery disk is useless
    > without them.
    >
    > Anybody know any solutions? Websites with the drivers etc...

    Get in contact with Compaq for the original Windows and bundled software
    CDs (they will charge you for this). Failing that you'll have to purchase
    an original Windows CD, and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.

    --
    Michael Turner
    michael turner, Jan 27, 2004

  3. SRB

    Abbyss Guest

    > and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.
    Well, gooood luck... :)

    Regards
    Abbyss

    Abbyss, Jan 27, 2004
  4. SRB

    SRB Guest

    "Abbyss" <> wrote in message
    > > and then go to Compaq's site for the drivers etc.

    > Well, gooood luck... :)
    >
    > Regards
    > Abbyss

    I actually found quite a few of the drivers on the compaq site, which
    surprised me. Last time I looked they had nothing.
    SRB, Jan 27, 2004