compaq pc

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Phil, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Compaq is known to be very unstable. So I would switch to better system.

    Phil
    "Sab" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > A friend of mine had one of his computer crash last week and he was
    > wondering if he could put the hard drive he salvaged in his other pc. I

    told
    > him he could but then he told me it was a Compaq (Presario 4528) and maybe
    > it required specific hardware tested for Compaq. So now I'm not sure
    > anymore. Can he put in his Maxtor hd (30G, came from a clone pc) in his
    > Compaq comp? Same thing with a cd writer , a Pioneer dvd drive and a

    graphic

    Phil, Mar 2, 2004

  2. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thats too bad.

    Some computer really comes down in price. In fact I just purchase an AMD 1.6
    Mz for just under $400 about six months and it still in good shape..

    Which country that your friend live in?
    I'll be then glad to refer to you to some places.

    Phil

    Sab, Mar 2, 2004
  4. Phil

    olfart Guest

    "Sab" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > A friend of mine had one of his computer crash last week and he was
    > wondering if he could put the hard drive he salvaged in his other pc. I

    told
    > him he could but then he told me it was a Compaq (Presario 4528) and maybe
    > it required specific hardware tested for Compaq. So now I'm not sure
    > anymore. Can he put in his Maxtor hd (30G, came from a clone pc) in his
    > Compaq comp? Same thing with a cd writer , a Pioneer dvd drive and a

    graphic
    > card (ATI). Thx.
    >
    > Sab.

    Not sure about the 4528, but older Compaqs has the Bios info on a separate
    partiition on the hard drive. Without this info you can't access or make
    changes to the Bios. I found this out when I replaced the h/d on an old
    Prolinea 575 so it would be best to check out the Compaq website before
    formatting a new drive.

    olfart, Mar 2, 2004
  5. Phil

    Sab Guest

    Sab, Mar 2, 2004
  6. Phil

    Sab Guest

    We're in Montreal, QC, Canada

    Sab, Mar 3, 2004
  7. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Hi sab,

    I've the following website which base on Laval, and it surroundings. All
    mother boards come with processor type, like I previously said, mother board
    fairly cheap.

    Your friend will need to purchase case, memory and video card. I don't
    believe what your has will be compatible with new stuff.

    http://www.compu-sol.com/

    Phil

    Phil, Mar 3, 2004