    kind of acts "brain dead"...the wireless light doesn't come on, caps
    lock doesn't light up, etc.

    , Aug 25, 2007

  2. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have a Compaq nx6115 laptop. When I press the power button, the fan
    > whirs for about a second, and the hard drive access light comes on.
    > Then it cuts out (fan shuts down) and then this is repeated about
    > fifteen times. Eventually it stops doing this and the fan stays on,
    > but no hard drive activity and nothing ever shows on the screen. It
    > kind of acts "brain dead"...the wireless light doesn't come on, caps
    > lock doesn't light up, etc.

    Brain dead is right. Since the lights aren't coming on, it might be memory,
    or CPU, or mainboard. So try to locate the memory, remove and reinstall it.
    If you have two modules, put only one in. Try again. Still dead? Swap to the
    other memory module. Still dead? Take it to a shop - even I try to avoid
    getting into the guts of a laptop.

    WhzzKdd, Aug 25, 2007

  3. nobody > Guest

    wrote:
    > I have a Compaq nx6115 laptop. When I press the power button, the fan
    > whirs for about a second, and the hard drive access light comes on.
    > Then it cuts out (fan shuts down) and then this is repeated about
    > fifteen times. Eventually it stops doing this and the fan stays on,
    > but no hard drive activity and nothing ever shows on the screen. It
    > kind of acts "brain dead"...the wireless light doesn't come on, caps
    > lock doesn't light up, etc.

    No "easy fix" here, this one will take a trip to the shop.

    nobody >, Aug 25, 2007