    b. No icon in the Programs folder following Messenger 2003 upgrade - the app
    works Ok if launched from the windows folder.....

    Thanks!

    Mark A, Nov 13, 2004

  2. "Mark A" <> wrote in message
    news:SZfld.1102$...
    > Hi - just wondered if there was any news regarding:
    >
    > a. The alarm problem following upgrade to 2003 ie not working unless
    > device turned on
    >
    > b. No icon in the Programs folder following Messenger 2003 upgrade - the
    > app works Ok if launched from the windows folder.....
    >
    > Thanks!

    I have a h3970 around and didn't have the alarm problem - but this doesn't
    mean it doesn't exist. Perhaps you could run the trial version of MemMaid
    and look on the Notification tab. Try to find duplicates and deleting them.
    (Shameless plug: review:
    http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2977 and direct to Software
    Store:
    http://www.handango.com/ampp/store/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=1204&productId=123995)

    About the Messeger upgrade: open File Explorer, go to the folder where the
    ..exe is located and tap and hold on the name. Select Copy. Then go to
    \Windows\Start Menu (for the Start menu item list) or \Windows\Start
    Menu\Programs (for the Programs folder) and tap the menu Edit and select
    Paste Shortcut. You can tap and hold the Shortcut to Messenger.lnk file and
    rename it to what you want then.

    Mauricio Freitas, Nov 13, 2004