Compaq/HP memory recall

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by remove the echo>, Jul 23, 2004.

  1. I don't know if this has been advised before but I was recently advised
    by someone that my Evo N800v may have faulty memory. I downloaded a
    program from HP and evidently One of my two simms was faulty.
    In the 18 months that I have had this machine I have had little problems
    with it and no reason to suspect that memory is faulty.

    The recall affects these models

    * Compaq Evo Notebook N610c
    * Compaq Evo Notebook N610v
    * Compaq Evo Notebook N620c
    * Compaq Evo Notebook N800c
    * Compaq Evo Notebook N800v
    * Compaq Evo Notebook N800w
    * Compaq Evo Notebook N1000c
    * Compaq Evo Notebook N1000v
    * Compaq Presario 1500
    * Compaq Presario 2800
    * Compaq Presario x1000
    * Compaq Presario x1200
    * HP Compaq Business Notebook nx7000
    * HP Pavilion zt3000

    Details are at
    http://h30090.www3.hp.com/mmrp/defa...=en&action=showinfo&linkvalue=2&id=63&lid=147

    Hope this info is useful to some of you

    --

    No virus checking was performed on this outgoing email
    to reply email ..v.i.r.u.s..AT..clear..DOT..n.e.t..DOT..n.z..REMOVE THE DOTS

    Powered by :-

    ____ ____ _____ ___ _
    / ___| _ _/ ___|| ____| / _ \ / |
    \___ \| | | \___ \| _| | (_) || |
    ___) | |_| |___) | |___ \__, || |
    |____/ \__,_|____/|_____| /_(_)_|

    www.suse.com

    remove the echo>, Jul 23, 2004

  2. remove the echo> wrote:

    > I don't know if this has been advised before but I was recently advised
    > by someone that my Evo N800v may have faulty memory. I downloaded a
    > program from HP and evidently One of my two simms was faulty.
    > In the 18 months that I have had this machine I have had little problems
    > with it and no reason to suspect that memory is faulty.
    >

    > The recall affects these models
    >
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N610c
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N610v
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N620c
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N800c
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N800v
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N800w
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N1000c
    > * Compaq Evo Notebook N1000v
    > * Compaq Presario 1500
    > * Compaq Presario 2800
    > * Compaq Presario x1000
    > * Compaq Presario x1200
    > * HP Compaq Business Notebook nx7000
    > * HP Pavilion zt3000
    >
    > Details are at
    > http://h30090.www3.hp.com/mmrp/defa...=en&action=showinfo&linkvalue=2&id=63&lid=147

    might be more usefull if you had the time set right on your machine,
    it's not yesterday any more. :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 24, 2004