    wiped.

    When I boot off the restore disk, all I get is a "call Compaq Technical
    support" error.

    Chris the unwise, Nov 2, 2004

  2. You could in the past request a CD which contained *ALL* the necessary but
    not sure these days. The restore disk normally shipped were just that
    restore disk and relied on the hidden partition.

    Personally I just installed a copy of an OS .. 98SE ... then moved to XP.

    Use.Netuser.de, Nov 2, 2004

  3. Chris the unwise

    PC Guest

    "Chris the unwise" <> wrote in message
    > Is there anyplace from which I can download the hidden partition for a
    > Compaq?
    >
    > I'm trying to do a system restore on an old model whose hard drive was
    > wiped.
    >
    > When I boot off the restore disk, all I get is a "call Compaq Technical
    > support" error.

    Chris

    The 'call Compaq' error suggests you have the wrong restore disk for your
    model.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Nov 3, 2004