    I have a Compaq 5000 series what I want to do is to cannibalize the DVD, the memory Stick and the Hard Drive.

    Can anyone tell me if there is going to be any hardware issues?

    I know that I will likely need to get drivers for the DVD, but since they are both Compaq's should I have any problem fitting the equipment in the chassis? and basically are all Compaq models the same?

    Denny, May 14, 2004

  2. Denny

    chip_y2kuk Guest

    "Denny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My Mom had my old Compaq a 5190 model with DVD, ZIP DRIVE . While I was

    out of state she had a big problem with it and got some wanna be computer
    tech to fix it. YEAH he FIXED it alright destroyed the modem!

    > Since the computer was running windows 98 and its an older model we got

    her a brand new computer. Well of course that now leaves me with an extra
    computer.

    > I have a Compaq 5000 series what I want to do is to cannibalize the DVD,

    the memory Stick and the Hard Drive.

    > Can anyone tell me if there is going to be any hardware issues?
    >
    > I know that I will likely need to get drivers for the DVD, but since they

    are both Compaq's should I have any problem fitting the equipment in the
    chassis? and basically are all Compaq models the same?

    You should be able to get away with it. A word of warning though some Compaq
    system's have the T type screws in them, why is beyond me but there a pain
    if you havent got the right T size screwdriver

    ----
    Chip's Forums www.chipf.no-ip.net

    chip_y2kuk, May 14, 2004

  3. Denny

    Ryan 8088 Guest

    Can't help it, but your use of words isn't that fitting.

    Ryan 8088, May 15, 2004