    Seagate ST320410A drive installed and I was wondering if I could increase
    the capacity on a new hard drive. Can you please recommend a replacement for
    me? Thanks

    Zinzan, Sep 22, 2005

  2. Zinzan

    Trent SC Guest

    > I have the above PC, full name, Compaq D3D/P1.7/20j/p/120c/o UK
    >
    > The hard drive has failed and I wish to buy a new one. It currently has a
    > Seagate ST320410A drive installed and I was wondering if I could increase
    > the capacity on a new hard drive. Can you please recommend a replacement
    > for me? Thanks

    You can replace the existing hard drive with another without many problems.
    However, you may find that the Compaq-supplied recovery disks no longer
    work: if the hardware is significantly different, the recovery software
    might think you're installing on a new machine and refuse to play ball, so
    you'll need to reinstall your OS and applications manually. If this is an
    issue, check with Compaq support to find out whether they have a recommended
    list of drives which the recovery software will recognise.

    Trent SC, Sep 22, 2005