    user to bypass scanning all the files for errors. I know this can be a good
    thing but how can he get the option to hit a key to keep loading.

    Thanks.
    rebounder, Jul 17, 2003

  2. rebounder

    Hydroman Guest

    I don't know if this is relevant, but I once saw a monitor that would
    eventually turn
    all white after the monitor warms up. All you could see was horizontal
    lines on
    the screen. If you have that problem then that sounds like a bad monitor.
    Either way sounds like you may need a new monitor. Whatever you do don't
    try to repair the monitor because of the capacitor that in the monitor.
    That will
    hold a charge for a very long time.

    --
    Larry

    A+ and MCP certified

    rebounder <> wrote in message
    > A relative has a two year old Compaq (AMD 1.2 ghz processor & Nvidia video
    > card). With both Windows ME and now with his newly loaded Windows XP Pro

    the

    Hydroman, Jul 20, 2003

  3. rebounder

    rebounder Guest

    Thanks Hydroman. The monnitor is only 2 years old, however I will look into
    it.

    rebounder, Jul 21, 2003
  4. On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:10:44 GMT, "rebounder" <>
    wrote:

    >A relative has a two year old Compaq (AMD 1.2 ghz processor & Nvidia video
    >card). With both Windows ME and now with his newly loaded Windows XP Pro the
    >screen frequently turns white. He then must reboot the computer and start
    >over. Anyone have any answers why?
    >
    >An additional problem is that when starting up again XP does not allow the
    >user to bypass scanning all the files for errors. I know this can be a good
    >thing but how can he get the option to hit a key to keep loading.
    >
    >Thanks.

    As another poster mentioned, if you are getting horizontal retrace
    lines with the white screen it could be a serious problem, perhaps
    even a problem with the CRT itself. What happens if you just turn the
    monitor off alone; will it correct itself then?

    Tom
    Tom MacIntyre, Jul 23, 2003