    What kind of memory should i order for this computer? It has a total of 3
    slots. Two of them are with the above mentioned simms.

    thanks

    Golf Nut, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Golf Nut

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Golf Nut" <> wrote in
    news::

    > What kind of memory should i order for this computer? It has a total of 3
    > slots. Two of them are with the above mentioned simms.

    That means your computer takes PC100 SDRAM. The easiest way to get a
    quality stick of RAM guarenteed to work with your system is to head over to
    Crucial.com (http://www.crucial.com) and use their memory selector tool.
    You tell it your system, it tells you what you need. You may want to get a
    256 meg stick to double yourself up to 512, that's what I run most of my
    2000/XP machines at. With only 256 you'll find intensive tasks like games
    and complex video/audio encoding things can cause some strains on available
    memory.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Golf Nut

    Golf Nut Guest

    Thanks. I already ordered from another website and used their memory
    selector tool.
    I appreciate your help.

    Golf Nut, Feb 18, 2004