    --
    Best Regards, Keith
    http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

    Keith, Dec 16, 2004

  2. Keith

    Old Gringo Guest

    Keith wrote:
    > I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
    > the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
    > windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
    > connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
    > the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
    > for the PC.
    > Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    > video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    > the case up.
    >

    > TNX.

    Look around here:
    http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposuppor...=true&parse=true&plc=&temp_hql=&findct=&iqry=

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere

    Old Gringo, Dec 16, 2004

  3. Keith

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Keith" <> wrote in message
    |I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
    | the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
    | windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
    | connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
    | the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
    | for the PC.
    | Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    | video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    | the case up.

    Download and install one of the following:
    Belarc Advisor or Everest

    http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en

    They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
    someplace like www.driverguide.com

    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2004
  4. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:50:35 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    <> wrote:

    >"Keith" <> wrote in message
    >|I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
    >| the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
    >| windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
    >| connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
    >| the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
    >| for the PC.
    >| Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    >| video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    >| the case up.
    >|

    >Download and install one of the following:
    >Belarc Advisor or Everest
    >
    >http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    >http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    >
    >They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
    >someplace like www.driverguide.com

    Thanks that should solve the problem. The Compaq/HP web site has
    nothing that will help.

    Keith, Dec 16, 2004
  5. Keith

    Plato Guest

    Keith wrote:

    > Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    > video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    > the case up.

    http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
    Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
    chiset right so I could find the drivers.

    Plato, Dec 16, 2004
  6. Keith

    Keith Guest

    On 16 Dec 2004 00:33:10 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Keith wrote:
    >>
    >> Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    >> video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    >> the case up.

    >http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
    >Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
    >chiset right so I could find the drivers.

    TNX for the link. I will also try that on the machine.

    Keith, Dec 16, 2004
  7. In article <> Keith <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 19:50:35 -0800, "Toolman Tim"
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>"Keith" <> wrote in message
    >>|I am currently setting up a Compaq deskpro 1000 for a non-profit and
    >>| the video card that is installed is displayed as a PCI VGA card by
    >>| windows hardware set up, however it has s-video and a TV-out
    >>| connector. Does anyone know what type of video card is installed in
    >>| the Compaq deskpro 10000? A search at Compaq showed no video drivers
    >>| for the PC.
    >>| Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    >>| video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    >>| the case up.
    >>|

    >>Download and install one of the following:
    >>Belarc Advisor or Everest
    >>
    >>http://www.lavalys.com/products.php?lang=en
    >>http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    >>
    >>They should be able to identify your card, and then you can get drivers from
    >>someplace like www.driverguide.com
    >>

    >Thanks that should solve the problem. The Compaq/HP web site has
    >nothing that will help.

    Looks like you're having problems getting your facts straight.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "Do you make a habit of chatting up bots?" -- Qasim

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 16, 2004
  8. In article <> Keith <> wrote:

    >On 16 Dec 2004 00:33:10 -0600, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >
    >>Keith wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know of any windows/DOS software that can be used to identify
    >>> video cards? I'm just trying to avoid taking out twenty screws to open
    >>> the case up.

    >>http://www.hwinfo.com/html/download.html
    >>Ive used above for same on occasion and it got the video card and/or
    >>chiset right so I could find the drivers.

    >TNX for the link. I will also try that on the machine.

    I don't know that I've hinted of any such thing, but if it makes you
    feel better to hold such a belief, please don't let me stop you.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "And whats up with this Lady chatterly thing? what type of fa66ot made
    that? WTF Is that supposed to be? Is that some sort of mascott?" --
    rikijo©

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 16, 2004