    comes on for about 10-15 secs.

    What is this noise? Is it normal for Compaq? I had a Gateway that
    never did that.

    JAMES, Apr 10, 2005

  2. JAMES

    Plato Guest

    JAMES wrote:

    > When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.
    >
    > During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
    > comes on for about 10-15 secs.

    Sounds like it's missing one of the bottom rubber feet or it's not
    sitting on all fours on your desk. Just a thought as I had one
    hum/vibrate like that.

    Plato, Apr 12, 2005

  3. JAMES

    CLV3 Guest

    > I just a bought a Compaq Computer.

    My condolences. My first PC purchase was a Compaq. Never again!

    CLV3, Apr 12, 2005
  4. JAMES

    JAMES Guest

    It has all 4 feet. This isn't a vibrate like a pager or phone, It
    almost seems like the fan goes on real loud, but only the first few
    seconds turning on the computer, and then every so often after.

    Yea, I heared the bad rep of compaq, but my gateway was problems from
    day 1, and the systen was only $380 after the rebate.

    JAMES, Apr 12, 2005
  5. Plato, <|@|.|>, the melancholy, tongueless hamburger, and borer of holes in
    wood, gnarred:

    > JAMES wrote:
    >>
    >> When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.
    >>
    >> During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
    >> comes on for about 10-15 secs.

    > Sounds like it's missing one of the bottom rubber feet or it's not
    > sitting on all fours on your desk. Just a thought as I had one
    > hum/vibrate like that.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    is but a dream within a dream.

    Lord Gazwad of Grantham, Apr 12, 2005
  6. JAMES

    me Guest

    "JAMES" <> wrote in message
    >I just a bought a Compaq Computer.
    >
    > When I first turn it on, it has a loud hum for about 30 seconds.
    >
    > During computer use about every 10 minutes or so the same lous hum
    > comes on for about 10-15 secs.
    >
    > What is this noise? Is it normal for Compaq? I had a Gateway that
    > never did that.

    My Compaq also did the same,very annoying,just as you described.I had enough
    of it eventually so i fucked it off and built my own,which i should have
    done in the first place !

    me, Apr 12, 2005