    usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking like
    CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that beep
    code somewhere.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2005

  2. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    doS Guest

    which processor?

    doS, Jun 26, 2005

  3. doS wrote:
    > which processor?

    I'm at home now, the box is at the shop. Will have to dig into it to see
    since there's no POST. Should have written the model number down before
    calling it a night. But enough is enough for now.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2005
  4. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Guest

    On Rôgêr <> wrote:

    |>Not having much luck here. Customer brought in vanilla Compaq saying it
    |>won't complete dialing in to ISP. But when trying to power it up I get a
    |>1 long, 6 short beep code, nothing else. Don't see anything yet on
    |>Google, anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I've done all the
    |>usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking like
    |>CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that beep
    |>code somewhere.

    Ah google what can you say: 1 long, 6 short beep code

    Comes up with: http://www.mytechsupport.ca/links/beep.html
    For an AST processor it claims "Unable to load interrupt vectors"

    --
    http://www.planettribes.com/allyourbase/AYB2.swf (DSL)

    , Jun 26, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > On Rôgêr <> wrote:
    >
    > |>Not having much luck here. Customer brought in vanilla Compaq saying it
    > |>won't complete dialing in to ISP. But when trying to power it up I get a
    > |>1 long, 6 short beep code, nothing else. Don't see anything yet on
    > |>Google, anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I've done all the
    > |>usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking like
    > |>CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that beep
    > |>code somewhere.
    >
    > Ah google what can you say: 1 long, 6 short beep code
    >
    > Comes up with: http://www.mytechsupport.ca/links/beep.html
    > For an AST processor it claims "Unable to load interrupt vectors"

    Yeah, I saw that too. It's not an AST, and even if it was, I'm not sure
    how I'd go about loading interrupt vectors. I guess with a grain scoop:
    http://www.starnursery.com/images/items/710170.jpg

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2005
  6. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Unk Guest

    http://bioscentral.com/beepcodes/compaqbeep.htm
    http://www.mytechsupport.ca/links/beep.html#compaq
    http://www.mcsx.co.uk/beep_codes_compaq.htm

    <http://search.hp.com/query.html?hpvc=US+-+English&lang=eng&ctry=us&qt=beep+code&la=en>

    Unk, Jun 26, 2005
  7. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    doS Guest

    see if it will boot from a floppy...

    doS, Jun 26, 2005
  8. doS wrote:
    > see if it will boot from a floppy...

    Have to admit I haven't tried it. But with zero video, no post, I'd
    guess the odds aren't good.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2005
  9. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    SgtMinor Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > Not having much luck here. Customer brought in vanilla Compaq saying it
    > won't complete dialing in to ISP. But when trying to power it up I get a
    > 1 long, 6 short beep code, nothing else. Don't see anything yet on
    > Google, anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I've done all the
    > usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking like
    > CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that beep
    > code somewhere.

    Seems to me you broke the damn' thing.

    --
    And I never figured you could count to six.

    SgtMinor, Jun 26, 2005
  10. SgtMinor wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> Not having much luck here. Customer brought in vanilla Compaq saying
    >> it won't complete dialing in to ISP. But when trying to power it up I
    >> get a 1 long, 6 short beep code, nothing else. Don't see anything yet
    >> on Google, anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I've done all
    >> the usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking
    >> like CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that
    >> beep code somewhere.

    > Seems to me you broke the damn' thing.

    A little too much depth of info, getting overload. But I'm starting to
    think 1 long, 6 short has something to do with Snow White and her
    roommates. Still working on that theory.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2005
  11. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    SgtMinor Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > SgtMinor wrote:
    >> Rôgêr wrote:
    >>
    >>> Not having much luck here. Customer brought in vanilla Compaq saying
    >>> it won't complete dialing in to ISP. But when trying to power it up I
    >>> get a 1 long, 6 short beep code, nothing else. Don't see anything yet
    >>> on Google, anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I've done all
    >>> the usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking
    >>> like CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that
    >>> beep code somewhere.

    >> Seems to me you broke the damn' thing.

    > A little too much depth of info, getting overload. But I'm starting to
    > think 1 long, 6 short has something to do with Snow White and her
    > roommates. Still working on that theory.

    I saw a cartoon once where Doc was short only in stature...

    SgtMinor, Jun 26, 2005
  12. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    FML Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:
    > Not having much luck here. Customer brought in vanilla Compaq saying it
    > won't complete dialing in to ISP. But when trying to power it up I get a
    > 1 long, 6 short beep code, nothing else. Don't see anything yet on
    > Google, anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I've done all the
    > usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking like
    > CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that beep
    > code somewhere.

    See if this helps:

    http://tinyurl.com/baaun

    FML, Jun 26, 2005
  13. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    Plato Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > A little too much depth of info, getting overload. But I'm starting to
    > think 1 long, 6 short has something to do with Snow White and her
    > roommates. Still working on that theory.

    I never had much use for looking up what series of beep codes were for.
    If its not a mis-seated vid card, ram, or a monitor not connected then
    yeah, the mobos broke.

    Plato, Jun 26, 2005
  14. FML wrote:
    > Rôgêr wrote:
    >
    >> Not having much luck here. Customer brought in vanilla Compaq saying
    >> it won't complete dialing in to ISP. But when trying to power it up I
    >> get a 1 long, 6 short beep code, nothing else. Don't see anything yet
    >> on Google, anybody know what this is trying to tell me? I've done all
    >> the usual reseating stuff, taking things out one at a time. Looking
    >> like CPU/motherboard, but it seems there should be something on that
    >> beep code somewhere.

    > See if this helps:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/baaun

    Yes and no. There's nothing there specific about the beep code I'm
    getting, but I do have one of them handy-dandy POST code PCI thingies.
    May hook it up and see. They again listed 7 beeps as having to do with
    Exception Interrupt, whatever the hell that means. I think it means get
    another processor.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 26, 2005
  15. =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

    gangle Guest

    "Rôgêr" wrote

    http://www.clarablog.com/thon/04/dwarves.jpg