    Got this computer at auction and when i turn it on it has a power on
    password. How can I bypass this or change bios ?
    Thanks
    R Smith, Jun 30, 2004

  2. R Smith

    Brad Griffis Guest

    There should be a "Clear CMOS" jumper. I believe it's normally on pins 2-3.
    To reset the BIOS you take it off, put it on pins 1-2, and then put it back.

    Brad

    Brad Griffis, Jun 30, 2004

  3. R Smith

    ProfGene Guest

    You might try removing the battery on the mother board for a few minutes
    then putting it back and starting the computer. That should reset the bios.

    ProfGene, Jun 30, 2004