    I thought the Key was F10 but it dosnt seem to work.

    Has anyone got a Idea on what it is.
    Its a pretty Old Machine

    Ockerr, Sep 15, 2006

  2. Ockerr

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:24:54 +1200, "Ockerr" <> wrote:

    >Hi Guys
    >I need to get into the Bios of the Compaq Deckpro 4000
    >I thought the Key was F10 but it dosnt seem to work.
    >
    >Has anyone got a Idea on what it is.
    >Its a pretty Old Machine

    Does it not say "Press <key> To Enter Bios?"

    If not, from
    http://www.computing.net/hardware/wwwboard/forum/42068.html
    :
    http://tinyurl.com/gb94g

    Go to the above site pick your computer model and operating system.

    Use the software provided by the manufacturer to solve your problem.

    A search showed F10 to enter your bios.

    Read what the Rompaq does and how to use it.

    Evan Platt, Sep 15, 2006

  3. Ockerr

    Fat Ass Fred Guest

    On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:24:54 +1200, "Ockerr" <> wrote:

    >Hi Guys
    >I need to get into the Bios of the Compaq Deckpro 4000
    >I thought the Key was F10 but it dosnt seem to work.
    >
    >Has anyone got a Idea on what it is.
    >Its a pretty Old Machine

    My compaq (5112 I think) is F10, but you have to hit it when the solid
    black blinking cursor is flashing in the top right corner.... Before
    or after that point is a no-go.... Also, some older compaq's had a
    setup partition on their hard drive (usually drive E:) that contained
    all the drivers for the hardware and stuff... If you remove that
    partition it won't go into setup until you download the setup files
    off the internet and re-partition the drive properly.... I had to do
    this with a really old deskpro (166mHz Pentium).... What you should
    be able to do if that's the case is to run the setup program and
    configure it as is... Not as fancy as having it configured properly,
    but...

    Fat Ass Fred, Sep 17, 2006