Company looking for talented coders.

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by VanguardLH, Feb 19, 2010.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    Brock wrote:

    > We are a UK based company looking for talented coders for development
    > of security oriented software. ...

    Oh, so you're looking for programmers that can somehow code in security, the
    topic of THIS newsgroup, into your spamming into Usenet. Uh huh.

    See what happens in a country that allows marriage between cousins (courtesy
    of Henry VIII who changed the law so he could marry his cousin). You get
    inbred boobs like this spammer.
    VanguardLH, Feb 19, 2010

  2. VanguardLH

    Regis Guest

    VanguardLH <> writes:

    > Brock wrote:
    >
    >> We are a UK based company looking for talented coders for development
    >> of security oriented software. ...

    > Oh, so you're looking for programmers that can somehow code in security, the
    > topic of THIS newsgroup, into your spamming into Usenet. Uh huh.

    Usenet may be dying, but apparently its pedantry is alive and well.
    :)

    As a result, I think it's hard to call this either off-topic or
    spam. I've never seen a charter for alt.computer.security that
    prohibits jobs posts for security related skillsets. It may exist,
    but if it does, it's damned sure hard to find.

    In this era, any on topic postings to a newsgroup should be welcome.
    And in this economy, anyone hiring programmers should be doubly
    welcome, particularly when the OP appears to be directly associated
    with the hiring company rather than a recruiter.

    Brock: I hope you find what you're looking for. Don't let the folks
    who just want a chance to fault find chase ya off.
    Regis, Feb 19, 2010

  3. VanguardLH

    Brock Guest

    We are a UK based company looking for talented coders for development
    of security oriented software. Must have a minimum of 5 years coding
    experience.
    Must be able to code on Windows platforms, must know API hooking
    tehniques and
    similar methods.
    Our company is interested in a trial 3 month contract. We will pay all
    transport and living
    costs for the duration of the contract as well as a salary of 1500-3000
    eur depending on
    skills and work output / quality. Living and working space will be in a
    villa with a conference room
    as working space, there are 4 open spots for coders. If you are a fun
    person or one that likes to research
    with other programmers of same or higher skill and want to travel to
    london (plain ticket included) then please contact. We also provide
    research resources such as early update exploits from companies such as
    Vupen etc.
    If you are interested please contact for more details,
    include your name, age
    , skills and please tell us about one of your more challenging projects
    that you have coded and
    how long it took you as well as what you had to learn to complete it.

    Brock, Feb 19, 2010
  4. David H. Lipman, Feb 19, 2010
  5. > We will pay all transport and living costs for the duration of the
    > contract as wellas a salary of 1500-3000 eur depending on skills

    A UK company that does not pay wages in UK currency?

    No website, no company name, no physical address, only one contact email.

    It is related to security but this is not a jobs board, if everyone did the
    same this group would be unworkable.

    It smells fishy. The fact that this is pseudo spam, only adds to the smell.
    Frank Merlott, Feb 20, 2010
  6. On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:39:47 -0800, Brock wrote:

    > We are a UK based company looking for talented coders for development
    > of security oriented software.

    Wrong newsgroup. I hired out of two other, more specific programming
    newsgroups but never out of this one.

    Your job description is way too broad btw.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj
    ♥Ari ♥, Feb 20, 2010