    I'm interested for possibly future investments.

    Thanks
    SW

    S W, May 11, 2005

  2. S W

    Mark Guest

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:24:47 +0100, "S W" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Which is the biggest VOIP company?

    Define 'biggest', please....
    And your geographical interest.
    Retail or wholesale?
    Operator or equipment vendor?

    Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
    is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
    punters.

    >Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?

    Er, Skype. Vonage....
    NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...

    >I'm interested for possibly future investments.

    I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
    And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB

    "The value of....can go down as well as up"

    ;-)

    --
    Mark

    Mark, May 12, 2005

  3. S W

    S W Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:24:47 +0100, "S W" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>Which is the biggest VOIP company?

    > Define 'biggest', please....
    > And your geographical interest.
    > Retail or wholesale?
    > Operator or equipment vendor?
    >
    > Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
    > is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
    > punters.
    >
    >>Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?

    > Er, Skype. Vonage....
    > NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...
    >

    >>I'm interested for possibly future investments.

    > I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
    > And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB
    >
    > "The value of....can go down as well as up"
    >
    > ;-)
    >

    > --
    > Mark

    Hi,

    I was interested in companies that dealt on the London Stock exchange. By
    biggest I meant the one with the highest turnover, profits, etc. I'm sure
    that VOIP will get an increasing share of the telecoms market in the next
    few years, but I know diddly squat about the operating companies. I've heard
    of Skype and Vonage, I don't think I can buy shares in Skype as its a Dutch
    (?) company? The others, I've never heard of them.
    I've been checking out londonstockexchange.com and there's a lot to sift
    through!

    Thanks
    Sw

    S W, May 12, 2005
  4. S W

    Mark Guest

    On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:51:27 +0100, "S W" <>
    wrote:

    >"Mark" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 11 May 2005 22:24:47 +0100, "S W" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>Which is the biggest VOIP company?

    >> Define 'biggest', please....
    >> And your geographical interest.
    >> Retail or wholesale?
    >> Operator or equipment vendor?
    >>
    >> Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
    >> is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
    >> punters.
    >>
    >>>Which of the VOIP companies has VOIP as their main business?

    >> Er, Skype. Vonage....
    >> NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...
    >>

    >>>I'm interested for possibly future investments.

    >> I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
    >> And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB
    >>
    >> "The value of....can go down as well as up"
    >>
    >> ;-)
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mark

    >Hi,
    >
    >I was interested in companies that dealt on the London Stock exchange. By
    >biggest I meant the one with the highest turnover, profits, etc. I'm sure
    >that VOIP will get an increasing share of the telecoms market in the next
    >few years, but I know diddly squat about the operating companies. I've heard
    >of Skype and Vonage, I don't think I can buy shares in Skype as its a Dutch
    >(?) company? The others, I've never heard of them.
    >I've been checking out londonstockexchange.com and there's a lot to sift
    >through!

    I would imagine that few are listed on the LSE, most are privately
    held (including Vonage I think). That ought to tell you something.

    There's always BT ;-)

    --
    Mark

    Mark, May 13, 2005
  5. S W

    S W Guest

    "Mark" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 12 May 2005 21:51:27 +0100, "S W" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Mark" <> wrote in message

    >>> Define 'biggest', please....
    >>> And your geographical interest.
    >>> Retail or wholesale?
    >>> Operator or equipment vendor?
    >>>
    >>> Outside of China, largest retail operator in terms of paying customers
    >>> is undoubtedly Softbank/Yahoo!BB (Japan) with around 4.5 million
    >>> punters.

    >>> Er, Skype. Vonage....
    >>> NetCentrex, Sonus, Cirpack...

    >>> I read only the other day that Mr Citron needs/needed some more cash.
    >>> And Mr Son has sunk quite a bit into Yahoo!BB
    >>>
    >>> "The value of....can go down as well as up"
    >>>
    >>> ;-)
    >>>

    >>> --
    >>> Mark

    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>I was interested in companies that dealt on the London Stock exchange. By
    >>biggest I meant the one with the highest turnover, profits, etc. I'm sure
    >>that VOIP will get an increasing share of the telecoms market in the next
    >>few years, but I know diddly squat about the operating companies. I've
    >>heard
    >>of Skype and Vonage, I don't think I can buy shares in Skype as its a
    >>Dutch
    >>(?) company? The others, I've never heard of them.
    >>I've been checking out londonstockexchange.com and there's a lot to sift
    >>through!

    > I would imagine that few are listed on the LSE, most are privately
    > held (including Vonage I think). That ought to tell you something.
    >
    > There's always BT ;-)

    Hhmmmm!

    ;-))

    S W, May 13, 2005