Compacts under test at DPR... winners so far Canon, Panasonic andnow Fuji

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mark Thomas, Dec 16, 2008.

  1. Mark Thomas

    Mark Thomas Guest

    A bit more DPreview fluff, but I found it interesting reading.. They
    have completed round two of their comparison tests, and Fuji managed to
    scrape past Canon this time.
    http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408premiumgroup/page12.asp
    Nice to see that even though they have succumbed to more megapixels,
    Fuji still lead the pack in high iso. Not that the high iso performance
    is anything to write home about - the Samsung, Sony and Nikon are quite
    horrifying in that regard!

    Can't quite see the logic in calling these 'Premium Compacts'...

    Latest test - Best Premium Compacts:
    1: Fujifilm F100fd
    2: Canon PowerShot SD880 IS

    Previous test - Best Ultra Compacts:
    1: Canon SD790 IS and Panasonic DMC-FX37
    2: Sony DSC-T700 and Nikon Coolpix S210

    Next test, apparently, will be superzooms/bridge cameras. These tests
    would probably explain why nothing much else seems to be happening over
    there..

    Mark Thomas, Dec 16, 2008

  2. Mark Thomas

    Rich Guest

    On Dec 16, 5:37 am, Mark Thomas <markt@_don't_spam_marktphoto.com>
    wrote:
    > A bit more DPreview fluff, but I found it interesting reading.. They
    > have completed round two of their comparison tests, and Fuji managed to
    > scrape past Canon this time.http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408premiumgroup/page12.asp
    > Nice to see that even though they have succumbed to more megapixels,
    > Fuji still lead the pack in high iso. Not that the high iso performance
    > is anything to write home about - the Samsung, Sony and Nikon are quite
    > horrifying in that regard!
    >
    > Can't quite see the logic in calling these 'Premium Compacts'...
    >
    > Latest test - Best Premium Compacts:
    > 1: Fujifilm F100fd
    > 2: Canon PowerShot SD880 IS
    >
    > Previous test - Best Ultra Compacts:
    > 1: Canon SD790 IS and Panasonic DMC-FX37
    > 2: Sony DSC-T700 and Nikon Coolpix S210
    >
    > Next test, apparently, will be superzooms/bridge cameras. These tests
    > would probably explain why nothing much else seems to be happening over
    > there..

    How can they're be any winners when they are all losers?

    Rich, Dec 16, 2008