    setting if possible.
    Cheers,
    Paul

    Paul Burdett, Dec 15, 2005

  2. Paul Burdett

    Paul Burdett Guest

    "Paul Burdett" <> wrote in message
    news:43a16010$0$9291$...
    > Hi,
    > After quitting OE6 every so often my folders get compacted automatically.
    > I cannot seem to find a setting in OE that tells me how often this is
    > done. I don't mind this happening, it's just that I'd like to perhaps
    > alter this setting if possible.
    > Cheers,
    > Paul

    edit: Just found out that it does it automatically after 100 uses (after
    installing SP2), and it's not advisable to meddle with it (not that I'd know
    how to anyway!)

    Paul Burdett, Dec 15, 2005

  3. Paul Burdett

    old jon Guest

    > Hi,
    > After quitting OE6 every so often my folders get compacted automatically.
    > I cannot seem to find a setting in OE that tells me how often this is
    > done. I don't mind this happening, it's just that I'd like to perhaps
    > alter this setting if possible.
    > Cheers,
    > Paul

    Hi Paul. If you keep all your msgs, you`ll find the file size can Grow into
    Megabytes. Decide if you want to keep them, or zap them. occassionally.
    Search for .dbx files and see what you`ve got.
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Dec 15, 2005
  4. Paul Burdett

    Shep© Guest

    On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:22:47 +1000 If you fall from a tree,leave your
    anger on the branch and then "Paul Burdett"
    <> sent this :

    >Hi,
    >After quitting OE6 every so often my folders get compacted automatically. I
    >cannot seem to find a setting in OE that tells me how often this is done. I
    >don't mind this happening, it's just that I'd like to perhaps alter this
    >setting if possible.
    >Cheers,
    >Paul

    There's a setting somewhere in OE for how much disk space to reserve
    for messages(Maybe under the News Reader section).That's what defines
    when.Haven't used OE in years so can't remember whereabouts.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,

    Shep©, Dec 16, 2005