    J Guest

    Outlook Express 6 keeps 'compacting' my emails, is there a way to turn this
    off?

    J, Jul 11, 2009

  2. J

    Shel-hed Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 01:30:07 +0100, "J" <>
    wrote:

    >Outlook Express 6 keeps 'compacting' my emails, is there a way to turn this
    >off?

    Yes there is. But if you do, OE will probably corrupt your folders, then you
    will be wasting a weekend trying to recover all of your emails.

    Shel-hed, Jul 11, 2009

  3. J

    Mike Easter Guest

    J wrote:
    > Outlook Express 6 keeps 'compacting' my emails, is there a way to turn
    > this off?

    You need to compact and you need to take control of the compacting.

    http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm#compact Compact Your OE
    Folders

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Jul 11, 2009
  4. Hello,

    The compact process should only run once for every 100 times you start
    Outlook Express.

    Here is a link with helpful tips on what could have caused the compact to
    run continuously
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...read/thread/b72553759bd5ea9b/e210b206ca49ab5a
    or
    http://tinyurl.com/lsb3xz

    __
    Singapore Computer Home Remote On-Site Repair Service
    Video Conversion VHS Video8 Hi8 Digital8 MiniDv NTSC PAL

    Singapore Computer Service, Jul 11, 2009
  5. J

    John Holmes Guest

    Singapore Computer Service "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    **** off and die, you top-poasting, spamming dirty scumbag.

    --
    You bulbous sliver of defective cow dung.

    John Holmes, Jul 11, 2009
  6. J

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sat, 11 Jul 2009 14:32:44 +0800, Singapore Computer Service wrote:

    > Hell

    Fix your sig delimiter and quit top-posting.

    Aardvark, Jul 11, 2009