CompactFlash ULTRA and Canon Powershot S10

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Salsaholic, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Salsaholic

    Salsaholic Guest

    Hi there!
    Has anyone here made experience with Canon Powershot S10 Camera and
    "high speed" CompactFlash cards? (for example SanDisk ULTRA,
    Dane-Elec, Lexar etc.)
    Is this camera able to make use of the extra speed?
    How about power consumption?

    I wouldn't mind to speed up my good old camera a bit, especially as
    I'm thinking about a bigger card anyway.
    I've made some experiences with the Microdrive and it really slows the
    camera down. Most probably not because of transfer rate (said to be
    higher than normal CF cards), but due to the characteristic "spin up"
    time. Besides that, it just eats batteries...

    I'd be happy about any indication, even for related cameras
    (Ixus/Elph, Axxx).

    For email plase use klaus (at) salsaholic dot de
    Kind regards,
    Klaus
    www.salsaholic.de

    PS: Want to see some pictures where I would have liked more speed? ->
    http://www.salsaholic.de/review21.htm
    These turned out ok with some luck, but many, many times I/the camera
    was just too late...
    Salsaholic, Aug 12, 2003